Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
May 16, 2022, 08:20:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quickplay-Starblade  (Read 6480 times)
Geosword X

View Profile WWW
« on: July 10, 2013, 04:43:35 AM »

Hello, Geosword X here with a quick play of Starblade recorded from Tekken 5.
I was pretty excited to find a much better console version of Starblade and this version is pretty close to its arcade original.
Trying to aim for a 1,000,000 points score against my Starblade Alpha score which is included at the end of the video.

http://youtu.be/dNU0XoSryzw

uncletom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 10:42:04 AM »

Beatiful! But once again the aspect ratio is wrong. I d need to download the video to watch it on my pc to change the aspect. However! Thank you very much. It's always an experience to see someone play Starblade.
Geosword X

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 03:20:49 AM »

Thanks for your reply. Yes I understand the aspect ratio is odd because I recorded it in a wide screen format when the game itself doesn't go in that format.

Geosword X

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 03:33:57 AM »

*NEW* Score Update:

I finally did it! Grin
1,055,400  5/7/13
Completely spearheads the Starblade Alpha score of 1,006,800! lol
May post video proof of if soon.

Has anyone else made up to 1,000,000 points score on their respective versions of Starblade?

uncletom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 08:05:31 AM »

Well played, Geo.

But the problem is that the various versions/conversions of the game are played in different ways. I always played my Starblade with the original laser-gun. You probly played your PSX version with a gamepad. There is a significant difference in performance depending on the controls you are using.
Geosword X

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 02:06:02 AM »

Yes, difference in control does make a world of a difference! Even after just playing the Sega CD version, it does yield a difference. I felt as if I had free reign of control with the PS2 version over the sluggish PSX version. To compare with Sega CD, I find the controls not as sluggish but the depth of field is smaller due to the low resolution the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive can output.

Geosword X

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 02:08:03 PM »

http://youtu.be/8fGbG962PFE

Here is short video of recent score.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: