Author Topic: Arcade Artwork book kickstarter  (Read 6108 times)

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Arcade Artwork book kickstarter
« on: September 25, 2013, 09:59:13 PM »
Some guy is crowdfunding the making of his book on arcade art

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/woodpunk/artcade-the-coin-op-art-book

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
Re: Arcade Artwork book kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 10:33:24 PM »
I was gonna say "finally!"... but when I heard the guy talk about his project, it's basically "just" an artbook with about a hundred classic arcade marquees artwork printed on nice paper.
No background info on the illustrators, no preliminary design sketches and so on.
Basically this book is filled with something you've most probably already seen if you're reading this forum, the only difference is that it's printed on fancy paper...  :-\

Vond

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 09:48:54 AM »
I agree totally with Chrischris, Dude should have given the book twice as many pages and use the other 50% to give as much info as he could possible gather
about the artists/artistic influences /backstories whathaveyou....

Sjaak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 10:09:41 AM »
Dude should have given the book twice as many pages and use the other 50% to give as much info as he could possible gather
about the artists/artistic influences /backstories whathaveyou....

Yes, more information would be nice. But reseaching all the artwork takes a lot of time and I guess that would delay the book. Maybe this could be a suggestion for a second edition of the book.

Anyway I like the idea, there are some small pieces of information in the book and it's just a nice collection of nice artwork, so I'm backing this.

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 02:55:50 PM »
Thought this was about www.gamepaused.net, but there is another thing on game art.
The gamepaused also features some of my work  ;D

Vond

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 03:22:59 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to slander the book! Its a cool project, I just think I personally would be allot more interested if it came with more information (about the marquee itself, not the game).