Author Topic: Little city trip to .......  (Read 5087 times)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Little city trip to .......
« on: August 27, 2013, 10:19:36 PM »
.....  Berlin

Which is a city that my wife and I wanted to visit for some time now. And as it happens that Mr. Magic-because-he-makes-dreams-come-true, alias Love, lives in this great city and has some goodies waiting for me (and others), we decided to go for a 3-day visit to this city. And so it happened last week.

Berlin is only 565 kilometers from my town, and as we left at 4 AM , we already were walking in Berlin at 10 AM, after checking in at the hotel.

Berlin is a fantastic and fascinating place to visit. We all know the ´modern history´ of this city of course, and the Berliners do cope with this in an excellent and very relaxed way. There are lots of things to see, especially when you are on foot or on bike, lots of great restaurants in every neighbourhood, and it also is a shopping paradise (so says the misses and I must say that the KDW, Kaufhaus Des Westens, is pretty amazing). So here are some obligatory pictures:

Very delicious cheesecakes at ´Princess Cheesecake'.

Pretty impressive, and all the stories around it makes you think why humans do act like beast sometimes (or often. And worst of all, don´t seem to learn anything, hè Mr. Assad). If you haven´t already, then you should plan a visit to Berlin.

Allright, after being two and a half days in  Berlin, which is way too short (I´ll be back!  :D ) it was time to get ready for the real reason that I went to Berlin for the icing on the cake of this weekend.  ;D ;D

And because we couldn´t find a Burger King, we had to do with an alternative:

No real punishment!  :)

It was only a 10 kilometer drive through the city to arrive at Love´s storage, which is situated in a former East German industrial area (unbelievable sight), but it took us almost an hour. Bloody traffic lights!  Anyway here some pictures without comment:

And here is my cab, the right one. It was packed in cardboard in the USA, and I dediced to leave it like this. Love said that my game was in it, and of course I believed him (and sure, I checked the top of the sidepanel!  ;D )

So let´s get the game in the car:

Yes, it is in

OK, time to drive home. It was already 5.30 PM and we had some driving to do. But inside the car is a happy man.

Final shots of Berlin:

Back at home at 11.30 PM, and a total of 1165 kilometers.

This is the end of the road trip, but did I already mention which game it is. I believe not!  ;)

OK, unloading and unpacking of the holy grail:

Yep, Juno First, a highly desirable game, and it is in my shed!!

Some final pictures of the cab. As you can see there is a bit of damage on the CPO, but nothing dramatic and I decided to leave it like that. It´s original, still in pretty good condition and I don´t like the repro that is floating around that much. The last picture is one of the filter board with all of its connectors. Leaving out the filterboard would mean an overhaul of the cab wiring.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:21:49 PM by ckong »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Little city trip to .......
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 10:28:58 PM »
Nice Trip !

And awesome cabinet !

Looks very clean inside  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

the filetrboard looks like its just a 1 on 1 connection between the top and bottom part, so some straight pins would do the trick i guess ?

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 11:03:10 PM »
I'd leave a filter board like that in there too if it was working OK. Berzerk has a similar set-up. Making "bridges" between the connectors is too much work and introduces the possibility of problems too.

Might be worth while to have a look at the solderings considering Chris's Juno First problems...

Oh and congrats and next time we'd like to see who took all those pictures of you of course  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 11:04:34 PM »
Nice Trip !

And awesome cabinet !

Yep have to agree on that, nice city  8)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 01:47:42 AM »
Congrats and welcome to the Juno Club!
Your CPO is perfect, I'd leave it like that (or sell it to me  ;)).
... and thank you so much for the pics of my Berzerk too  :spaceace:
Can't wait to play it, especially now that I received Jrok's new multi Berzerk/Frenzy board...

The pictures of your Juno's coin door also solved the "Gottlieb or no Gottlieb logo" mystery for me.

Now enjoy the game and go blast those f**kers!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 01:49:44 AM by chrischris »

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 09:00:47 AM »
Thanks for the great pictures and I'm glad you enjoyed the trip to 'my capital' :)

I have been to Berlin only once in my life and it was in 1986, when the wall was still 'in operation'. I will never forget the atmosphere near Checkpoint Charlie. And when you used the subway you had to go through eastern areas and everywhere in the stations were soldiers/policemen with rifles....I'm shivering when I remember that  :-\

But things turned very well in Germany and Berlin and I think it's a great city nowadays :)

Juno First....I must admit that I am a little bit jealous.....it's such an awesome cab and such a great game, can't wait to see and play it on Eurocade!!  :spaceace: 

Ah, this must be Dirk's Star Trek still standing in the storage and waiting for the great exchange  :D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 09:56:54 AM »

The pictures of your Juno's coin door also solved the "Gottlieb or no Gottlieb logo" mystery for me.

If your Juno has a Gottlieb logo coin door and isn't supposed to be there I'd love to exchange it for you so I can put it on my Q*bert ;) ;)

muddymusic

• Arcade Art Shop
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Shop
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 11:08:03 AM »
Nice get, they are lovely cabs and a great game!  :)
My Juno First cab did have a Gottlieb Logo on the coin door for reference.
repro artwork supplier, visit www.arcadeartshop.com

Capt. Kirk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 12:31:12 PM »
Ah, this must be Dirk's Star Trek still standing in the storage and waiting for the great exchange  :D

Must be, since I've got only a 'empty shell' of a cab. Ok, the Leonard Nimoy autograph on the Marquee is a ++++