Author Topic: :: New Video Game Book about Don Bluth's Dragon's Lair & Space Ace now available  (Read 37990 times)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle

More information about the book and ordering info are available at http://collectingfor.com/

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

johnsarcade

• Mushroom Kingdom, USA
    • View Profile
    • John's Arcade
So, is this book any good? Worth the purchase?

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
Argh, can't wait to receive my copies!  :P I'll let you know, but I don't think I'm gonna be objective on this subject  ::) ...because it's ...Dragon's Lair related  ;D :P

Sydric

• View Profile
Darth your autographed one has gone out from me, the other copy (I believe you ordered a standard and an autographed one) went out previously - but shipped direct from manufacturing warehouse. Either way, you should be getting one or the other very very soon! :) Hang in there!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
A short glimpse of the book in this video review :

This book is really great! I've discovered a lot of new things, 'behind the scene' stories during the conception of many versions, in-deep technical details, canceled versions of the game, new items I didn't aware of, many anecdotes like a lost version of the game, coded into a mobile phone...now lost somewhere probably forever, all the versions of the games (SA or DL) are specifically commented (not generic commentaries!), and a ton of other things that are absolutely captivating to read! This book is an absolute MUST HAVE!

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

italiandoh

• Italy
    • View Profile
The are also quite a few big errors, especially related to the european versions of the games. For example the screenshot of the Atari version of Dragon's lair is a picture taken by the Daphne emulator of a US version. The picture of the european Space Ace cabinet shows a replica with a US control panel and so on. So a nice book but not so accurate under certain aspects.

Matteo

Sydric

• View Profile
Matteo - while (for the purpose of the book) there may have been screens overlayed on photos I'm not sure I would consider that a "big error" -- because I am not in Europe it is difficult to get source material ... however, if you would like to share what you CONSIDER to be incorrect with me, via private messaging, I would really appreciate it and will make any corrections for the next release.

Considering the amount of material inside the book there are bound to be errors, I just find it interesting that you are calling them big errors--anyways, would love to get your feedback (or the feedback of anyone else) on something you think may be incorrect to make for a better product.

Thanks