Author Topic: Did you ever get to play one by some odd chance?  (Read 22453 times)

Tom41

• View Profile
Re: Did you ever get to play one by some odd chance?
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 11:13:36 AM »
I've played a GT-6 Project Dragoon at an arcade in the UK. The arcade closed down a long time ago, and it's not known what happened to the GT-6 cabinet.

Eventually this particular machine developed problems with its right screen; the player kept jumping back to the beginning of the current segment or even to the beginning of the disc (rotating and scaling checkerboard) - only to resync whenever there was a path change - destroying the power source or similar.

Zeether

• Roger, out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 10:03:01 PM »
I really wish I had. I think it was at a local arcade called Boomers because the outside of the cabinet looks very familiar, but they probably removed it  :(

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 05:03:36 AM »
I have never played Galaxian 3 before but I'm sure the United States has no Galaxian 3 arcade anywhere. And plus if there was one on ebay I won't be able to get it.

Suprisingly, a year or so ago, one was for sale, I tried contacting the seller on eBay (the auction ended before I knew of the sale)  but no luck

The sale price was only 2,500.00  A Friggin' Steal!   :o

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 09:46:26 AM »
Yes I played G3 (or was it Attack of the Zolgear ?) once in London. It was when the game was pretty new still. Also played 360 there.

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 10:03:13 PM »
There is a PAL (europe) version of the game.

But don't buy the PAL version! The video on it is not smooth at all  :evil:. They didn't convert well the original video footage from NTSC (30 frames per sec) to PAL (25 frames per sec) ... you can see the difference between the PAL and NTSC ... the PAL version is jerky  :ghost:

There is always a NTSC Japanese version on ebay.com for sale. Get this one  ;)

By the way, there should be a NTSC US version too, but I didn't find it yet.

Thank you for the warning about the bad PAL version, now I'm certain about buying the Japanese version.

It's sad to see that Europe gets a lot of bad PAL conversions, I have a PAL Sega Ages Outrun on the Saturn and it doesn't play smooth either... I bought the Japanese version then and played it on my Japanese Saturn and it plays at full 30fps just like the real deal.

Bruno said it right,

the pal versions of 99% of the european convertions as we know comes from the japanese software companies that realized the game firstly and completely using the NTSC format capabilities (see more spedd at 60hz)

During the last 5 years it must be admited that most of the ps2 convertions has been "a little bit" improved since before where it a real scandal how game were converted and commercialized

The Pal convertion always has expressed:

1) LESS VELOCITY

2) CUT OF THE EDGES

3) BOTTON AND VERTICAL LINES

** 4) CENSORSHIP (Even in the US - but here they use the same Tv system so they did not suffered of the previous defects)

Of course games like arcade's convertions (were velocity means frenetic action= More adrenaline = more joy) as has suffered most of this situation (see Tekken, Sega rally or radiant silvergun)

as not Final Fantasy or RPG Games..

Mav

A similar problem is suffering the Pal version of Ps3 if compared to the first japanese PS3

Arcadia

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2009, 02:14:51 AM »
I played the one that Nuno has in pieces. But when it was still operating in Sportland. It was many years ago, I believe 1996 was the first time. Altough I don't remember much of it exept for the trembling sound and the cool lights.

Naibo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2009, 05:40:52 PM »
Yes, I played "Zolgear" 10 years ago, in Tianjin, China.