Author Topic: [Superully's Roadtrip] Cruis'n Ully  (Read 6727 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
[Superully's Roadtrip] Cruis'n Ully
« on: April 30, 2013, 06:21:42 PM »

a few days ago i put up a price check thread for two cruis'n usa sitdown racing cabs. although i'm not that much into racers myself, i know that those games get a lot of gameplay at parties AND sometimes an opportunity is just too good to be missed. with that in mind i hit the road again - hadn't done that in quite a while!

here's what's coming up :arrow:

right after school i hopped into my car

one of the main reasons why i decided to go for the cabs was the distance, because if you decide to pick up beasts like that you either have to rent a van (which is pretty pricy) or travel with a trailer (which is pretty slow). roughly 50 kilometers is a piece of cake!

borrowed the trailer from my colleague and took this idyllic picture right before hitting the autobahn

blue skies, (almost) empty roads - those are conditions every roadtripper loves :-*

check out the beautiful scenery and the blooming trees - don't we all just love springtime?

it doesn't take too long for me to reach the final destination town

and here's the place where the cabs are located, ...

... a former amusement arcade (anyone wanna rent it?) which closed-down some time ago

inside, the cabs are already waiting for me :)

both of the cabs are in REALLY GOOD condition - apart from the fact that they will most likely NEVER lose that nicotine smell they had to "live in" for the last few decades. dirt is not a problem, smoke is!

also included is that fabulous topper! in case you've never seen it in person, it has some kind of 3d-setup with different "layers" - looks totally cool 8)

fortunately, the seats can be removed easily and fit in my car without any problems!

the cabs are being loaded on the trailer ...

... where they are firmly secured

puh, i almost forgot the topper

loading procedure completed - in the background (smoking) you can spot the seller and owner of the arcade

before i head back, we walk over to his garage where he shows me another game he has for sale. no thank you, not interested in that! :P

ully, cruise us home

just checking: yes, everything's still on board!

time to unload those beasts :twisted:

a nice short stress-free roadtrip is coming to an end

one country, two counties, 98 kilometers, 2 hours 54 minutes on the road - this roadtrip is OFFICIALLY OVER!

uh, i almost forgot: the cabs also came with the small set of keys :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
Re: [Superully's Roadtrip] Cruis'n Ully
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 06:31:37 PM »
Wow, it happened so fast, you just put up that thread a few days ago. ;D
Seems like that old guy took good care of his machines, your twin babies look really nice. :spaceace:
I also like your new car with the trailer, pure arcade lifestyle setup. :D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 06:44:18 PM »
Wow, it happened so fast, you just put up that thread a few days ago. ;D

yeah, i had to act quickly, because the offer was only valid for a limited amount of time, otherwise it would have gone to someone else - and believe me, the line was long! :D

I also like your new car with the trailer, pure arcade lifestyle setup. :D

thx bela, i just l-o-v-e my new car - a completey new way of cruis'n with automatic gear-shifting. no more worrying about spilling drinks because you always have one hand free :P
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 08:05:15 PM »
Great pickup Ully! - and believe me, racers always geat alot of play at parties (at least mine does!) :spaceace:
Do they work??, never tried Crusi´n USA, does it have force feedback in the steering wheel??
But there´s something missing.... NO Windmills??!!  ;) ;D

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 08:31:39 PM »
Nice Report as Always  ;)

Still love your "Arcade" display in the car  ;D

you should rent that "Spielhalle", its only 50 Km's, enough space for your cabinets (and parties)  ::)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 08:34:18 PM »
Nice Report as Always  ;)

Still love your "Arcade" display in the car  ;D

you should rent that "Spielhalle", its only 50 Km's, enough space for your cabinets (and parties)  ::)

bring them all down to my place. ;) enough space in the basement if it is well planed.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 08:37:23 PM »
Do they work??, never tried Crusi´n USA, does it have force feedback in the steering wheel??

the right one works, the left one is completely dead. my guess: power supply! no red led. hopefully an easy fix!

But there´s something missing.... NO Windmills??!!  ;) ;D

you'll see a lot of windmills in my next roadtrip report - coming up this week!!! 8)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 08:38:57 PM »

i have a new masterplan atm, let's see if it works out - fingers crossed!

bring them all down to my place. ;) enough space in the basement if it is well planed.

no, they will NOT. you have no idea how many games i have ;). i've lost count - or better: i wanna lose count :P

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 08:43:25 PM »

i have a new masterplan atm, let's see if it works out - fingers crossed!

no, they will NOT. you have no idea how many games i have ;). i've lost count - or better: i wanna lose count :P

hm... i am the tetris-master. ;) we have to use rows of cabs. but if you have your own masterplan... then this is ok with me, too. ;) at least as long as you let me in here and then... ;)
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Reinhold

• Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 01:14:30 PM »
does it have force feedback in the steering wheel??

It has, at least mine does ;)

Nice catch Ully, i was fixing the right one of mine yesterday, and played a few rounds, still fun, not realistic, BUT FUN! FUN! FUN!  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 01:18:03 PM by Reinhold »