Author Topic: Plans for a massive "Arcade" in Berlin  (Read 9983 times)

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: Plans for a massive "Arcade" in Berlin
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2014, 08:42:42 PM »
Why I was wondering: why is NOONE with a sushi place in the average big city with 100+ sushi places having the brilliant idea to ditch the cheap "mount fuji painting with ancient Kana handwriting" and throw in some decent OTAKU Japanese culture: Magna, some arcades, MUJI mini store, import book section, cosplay themed evenings. Keep it small and fun. Especially in Berlin.

Capt. Kirk

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2014, 08:44:10 PM »
I agree with Tyrem. Why start so big? Seems like riding a 'dead horse'. The concept drawings, the huge layout of the building, five(!) floors, everything looks way over the top and IMHO too ambitious.
Alas, as much as i wish to see it happen, this won't work.

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2014, 08:50:36 PM »
Why I was wondering: why is NOONE with a sushi place in the average big city with 100+ sushi places having the brilliant idea to ditch the cheap "mount fuji painting with ancient Kana handwriting" and throw in some decent OTAKU Japanese culture: Magna, some arcades, MUJI mini store, import book section, cosplay themed evenings. Keep it small and fun. Especially in Berlin.

actually... that would be an amazing idea. no shit, man.. that's a good one indeed...
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 08:54:08 PM »
I agree with Tyrem. Why start so big? Seems like riding a 'dead horse'. The concept drawings, the huge layout of the building, five(!) floors, everything looks way over the top and IMHO too ambitious.
Alas, as much as i wish to see it happen, this won't work.

it is shrinked down allready. the new concept is far away from what was on paper when we saw it for the first time. even in the biggest constellation the arcade collection would be smaller than some of our private arcades here on dlf... and to be honest, that's pretty much the only thing i would be interested in. there is far too much focus on network gaming. you can do that in every internet cafe nowadays...
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2014, 11:22:05 AM »
i did some serious research and made a business plan for something similar, but on a (much) smaller scale.
The conclusion was that it would be really hard to break even, the cost of staff and to keep everything running is just to high.

I hope it will work out though, Berlin is a great city for something like this so good luck to these guys..