Author Topic: Eurocade..2013 !  (Read 232833 times)

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Eurocade..2013 !
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2013, 09:11:45 PM »

This one is the best one i have

Awesome! Would be great if you could bring that!  ;D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2013, 09:12:11 PM »
Would love a row of zaccs also, they are afterall THE european cabinets right  ::)

Let me put this in perpective:

THE European cabinets containing Japanese and American games....... ;D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2013, 09:54:13 PM »
First of all: it's great to see a lot of positive responses here and also quite a few from some "new" guys :)

About some issues mentioned:

don't you worry that by going "public" that also means careless players ?  thus more possibilities to damage cabs.
that might turnout people from bringing theirs "holy" grail cab to the event.

To be honest....I really liked the family-like atmosphere of Eurocade and I doubt that it can be transported to such a huge location...but we will see and I will try to be there :)

Thorsten, be assured that this was in our minds while discussing this idea and still is. In fact, the idea of having a public Eurocade has always been in our mind from the very start. However, any real choice was always limited by the clubhouse: we are simply not allowed to have a real public event in that building, so the "choice" was rather easy...
On the other side, I think most collectors (at least I know I do) are happy to share their machines as much as possible, show them off and see other people have fun with them. After all, this is the time that these machines shine. Not when we're alone in our gameroom having a game (however great that is !)....

Don't be scared by the huge building !
This afternoon I've been at "Beeld & Geluid" and Gyruss showed me around the facilities to give me an idea of it all. I am now even more convinced that we can combine both the intimate atmosphere of the Clubhouse with a more public event.

The primary "gameroom" will be this room:

Take a good look at the chairs and take in mind that the camera is in the furthest opposite corner of that you see and you will get a feel for the size of the room. It is not that much bigger than the gameroom at the Clubhouse, although it will allow for more games to be there because of the perfect rectangular shape.
The height of the room is comparable. The lighting can be totally controlled which is awesome, f.i. like this:

IMAG5741 by Level_42, on Flickr

IMAG5742 by Level_42, on Flickr

Another benefit: there is only 1 entry/exit into the room. There is no "walking through", people entering the room will do so if they are interested in the games. Also the "feel" of the room is intimate and warm...also it dampens sound quite a bit, a good thing for our games.
Also, the room is relatively far away from any drinks/eating facilities, people are very unlikely to walk in with a drink or food and naturally this will be prohibited.

Apart from all of this, my machines are going to be there, you can bet I have an eye on them and all the other machines, and that goes for the rest of the Eurocade team PLUS there will be volunteers and professional stuff from "Beeld & Geluid".

If I would have some doubt about my cabs not being safe, I would definitely not put them there. And yes my Star Wars will be there and of course my Lunar Lander, the two games I put most money in....esp. the LL  :roll: ::) ;D

We've been to a public event (Slam) in the UK and there were rows and rows of pinballs and about as much videogames as at our previous Eurocades and I didn't see a single person abusing a game. Even the kids around seem to have a lot of respect for the machines....

Of course we cannot give anyone a written insurance that nothing will happen, or even that a machine might get damaged. But that's the same as on the previous Eurocades.

I feel, the Eurocade team feels, that this will work out just fine.

jinxz

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2013, 06:35:04 PM »
Silently I wish that a point blank could make it's appearance. Maybe if the opportunity presents itself i will get my hands on one before the event and take it with me ;)

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2013, 07:38:00 PM »
I think all of our cabs have seen a MUCH worse environment and have taken WAY harder treatment back in the days. For me it's no problem that the public will be there. The familiar athmo comes after the show anyway ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2013, 07:42:10 PM »
I think all of our cabs have seen a MUCH worse environment and have taken WAY harder treatment back in the days. For me it's no problem that the public will be there. The familiar athmo comes after the show anyway ;)
Exactly ;)

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2013, 11:56:05 AM »
Can they play TRON lightcycle races on the wall?

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2013, 12:53:22 PM »
Can they play TRON lightcycle races on the wall?

Hahaha, no, that's not possible..

bartie

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2013, 08:12:51 PM »
I am curious about the reactions of the people. :)

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2013, 04:21:20 PM »
andre , will there be a wifi available ? that'd maybe motivate me to work on a old www project of mine ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2013, 04:28:27 PM »
Gyruss can answer that for you....

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2013, 04:32:40 PM »
andre , will there be a wifi available ? that'd maybe motivate me to work on a old www project of mine ;)

Yessir, there is free Wifi available!  

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2013, 04:37:03 PM »
groovy ! :D

jinxz

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2013, 01:29:31 PM »
Do I sense an IceColdBeer joining the event?  :lol:

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2013, 08:26:03 PM »
Maybe ;)