Author Topic: @!#?@! No more free shipping at RS online  (Read 2664 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
@!#?@! No more free shipping at RS online
« on: January 07, 2013, 11:18:28 PM »
Was just about to order some stuff and then I noticed that my total was a bit higher than the stuff I ordered....

and then I saw it: €6,95 shipping costs unless ordering over €50 !!!!

@!#?@!

:'( :'(

What makes me really mad is that they didn't even send out an e-mail about this HARUMPF !!!  :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

(Of course, the free shipping was too good to be true when ordering parts costing very little..... but €50 is on the high side to stay fun to order stuff....)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 11:25:25 PM by Level42 »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: @!#?@! No more free shipping at RS online
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 08:45:24 AM »
yeah, they should have send out a mailing or something, but this was just a matter of time before this was going to happen.

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 08:53:32 AM »
I bought my ESR from their hungarian division, it was a "bit" more than 50 eur, but they also charged 7 eur for me, it is the double of the standard hungarian shipping fee. :-\

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 09:12:58 AM »
I bought my ESR from their hungarian division, it was a "bit" more than 50 eur, but they also charged 7 eur for me, it is the double of the standard hungarian shipping fee. :-\

Yes, but that's your own fault because you refused to buy the Russian ESR meter  ;D ;D ;D

Yeah I know in some countries they already had no free shipping. I checked with Mouser and there it's 20 Euro so I guess it's not too bad.....

However, looks like I'll be going to have to go back to local electronics shops if only needing small amounts of cheap parts, or use ebay.

This is a relative nice alternative for me:
http://www.deradiobeurs.nl/webwinkel/

Shipping costs only €1,95. They are close enough to actually go there but they are in the center of Dordrecht and parking costs will be about the same there.....I did recently visit that store after having not been there for lots and lots of years. They always had "two" shops, one the hi-end audio, the other the electronics parts store. When I walked up there it looked like they had completely switched the store to hi-end audio only. It looks really nice but I thought, ah too bad, another electronics parts store gone. Then I walked further into the shop and there was this very very nice section with a huge counter, loads and loads of parts, but also kits, tools, etc. etc. all displayed very very neatly in glass showcases.....I was amazed !!! Loved "nosing around" there...

The webshop looks pretty good and complete too.

Normally this used to be my local electronics dealer: www.dil.nl parking is free there and the guys always very helpful and parking free right in front of the store....the webshop sucks big time though and too high shipping costs (€7,50) to use that.

However paying €0,60 for a part that is listed at €0,08 at RS online will stay feeling wrong from now, even if minimum order is 10 pcs..... I know, I know....it's just small amounts in the end and well, it was fun while it lasted....
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:18:20 AM by Level42 »

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 01:28:01 PM »
Bummer. I also was a big fan of their shipping policy.
They made it bad themselves by the way.
They send everything with GLS or DHL, where a plain envelope with "stamps" is good enough for most stuff.
I even had situations where I ordered things that were not stocked in Haarlem, and that were shipped by DHL express from Germany or the US in 24 hours. They should have included a 2-3 euro "no hurries" rate.