Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
January 17, 2022, 05:40:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Focus : How to switch on a Galaxian Theater ?  (Read 10273 times)
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« on: May 31, 2008, 07:40:19 AM »

...OK, the question is simple, but that 'game' is so special isn't it ? It really deserves a 'focus' on that  Tongue

Here the main part, located at the entrance of the theater :

You need a key to lift up a small metal place :

View from the back :

OK, here the options :

Three buttons, and a 3 positions selector.

Mhhh  Huh? What is the difference between these 3 options Huh? I presume one of them should be a kind of 'test mode' or something ? But what is the main 'Power on' button ?
Maybe I just have to set the selector on position one, then press start button ?

Note that there is an other protection for each button, a small plastic plate that should be lifted in order to access the button itself :

I can't wait to operate these buttons for real  Tongue Kiss But I really would like to know the difference between all these options  Huh? Any GT-6 owners around ?  roll eyes Smiley  Kiss
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 09:30:40 AM by DarthNuno » Logged

mezaemon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 02:41:27 PM »

Well, It's just simple.

Pos. 1 : Insert coin(s) to start enrty,  countdown automatically and launch DRAGOON.
Pos. 2: Insert coin(s) to start enrty,  press "START"(green) button to launch DRAGOON.
Pos. 3: press "START" button to start entry sequence, pull (or push) trigger to entry(activate "Blaster(s)), and press "START" again to launch.
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 03:12:17 PM »

Ops...  oppps ...of course.... I remember ... you're right   Wink  Because this game was supposed to be a kind of 'ride', it can be operate by an operator who launch the game for the players 'on demand'  Wink

That theater was set to option 1 : COIN OP. & AUTOSTART ... it means when at least one player put money on the game, the countdown automatically start and launch the game  Smiley

mezaemon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 04:45:21 PM »

You're just right Wink
And, your another question, "the main 'Power on' button" is not there.
It is (actually, not one but two switches) built in black box in front of seat No5 and6.
JimmyU

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 11:03:21 PM »

With all those switches and and buttons, it looks like you're going to fire up the laser from the Death Star. Wink
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 08:52:41 PM »

Directly from the manual :

Space Ace

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: