Author Topic: Japanese STARBLADE Saved From Oblivion  (Read 51988 times)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: Japanese STARBLADE Saved From Oblivion
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2013, 11:29:34 AM »
The best part was, I found this Sumo Wrestler inside of the wiring channel:

Officially the neatest thing I've found inside of a cabinet  :)!

Keep it! An integral part of your Starblade history now!  ;)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2013, 01:02:21 PM »
It appears the high scores aren't saving once entered and powered down.  I believe there's a HN58C65P EEPROM on one of the PCBs, which I imagine would hold the scores?  The settings seem to be holding fine, however.

This assumes, of course, that it retains the high scores.  That would be brutal if not!! :o

Unfortunately, the scores are not saved on Starblade... so prepare a pen and a shit of paper close to your cockpit for writing scores manually...  :-\

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2013, 01:04:58 PM »
... so prepare a pen and a shit of paper close to your cockpit for writing scores manually...  :-\

[cannot resistmode on]
LOL  ;D ;D ;D

[cannot resistmode off]

ataritoobin

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2013, 07:59:33 PM »
Lol, I'm just wondering how old this sumo guy could be. ;D

Yeah!  Even he had rust on him!  He appears to be hand made, might have been some UFO/redemption prize.

Keep it! An integral part of your Starblade history now!  ;)

Unfortunately, the scores are not saved on Starblade... so prepare a pen and a shit of paper close to your cockpit for writing scores manually...  :-\

Yep!!  I cleaned him up a little bit and he will be a charm on board the Geosword  :).

That is brutal about the high scores!!  Guess that explains why JIN always has the high scores on video clips I've seen  :D.

... so prepare a pen and a shit of paper close to your cockpit for writing scores manually...  :-\

[cannot resistmode on]
LOL  ;D ;D ;D
[cannot resistmode off]

:lol:

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2013, 12:05:29 AM »
When I get a chance i'll find the boxes I have of the Jap Starblade parts - i'll try and send you an email - also email me to remind me. They are in the deepest darkest mountains of Mordor atm.

ataritoobin

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2013, 03:51:19 AM »
When I get a chance i'll find the boxes I have of the Jap Starblade parts - i'll try and send you an email - also email me to remind me. They are in the deepest darkest mountains of Mordor atm.

Thanks!  I'll shoot you another e-mail.  I keep thinking of other Starblade odds and ends I might need if you have 'em.

I skimmed some old posts, and noticed in this Galaxian3 GH-28 vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU4K4teK5kE (source: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm14543549), VERY briefly at 8:12 you can see a row of Starblade machines on the left, and the lights on top do indeed flash.  I need to do some more investigation on that DRIVE PCB  :oops: (I corrected my previous post).

This does make sense as the type of bulb in there isn't rated for many hours.  I'm guessing it's a problematic transistor or triac, much like the common APB lighting failures?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 05:24:28 AM by ataritoobin »

ataritoobin

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2013, 03:08:51 AM »
I did some troubleshooting on the "DRIVE PCB" and found that SSR2's (Solid State Relay, S101S03) AC outputs were internally shorted, causing AC to always to be driving the lamps.

R2 (16k Ohm) was also bad, and I'm not entirely sure but IC6 (PC900V Photocoupler) seems to test a bit differently than the same chip at IC13.

Now to find an equivalent to S101S03.  I would think any variable voltage in/1.5A/125V AC out SSR would work? (NOTE: The S101S03 is recommended for operating circuits without zero crossing.)

Seat before and after gluing and clamping:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:54:23 AM by ataritoobin »

HHaase

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2013, 04:38:35 AM »
It looks like that particular part is discontinued, but sharp does still make an S101S05F.   No idea if compatible or not, wouldn't risk it without a datasheet comparison.

Having a beast of a time trying to find a datasheet for the S101S05F,  and I don't want to 'create an account' at sharpsma.com to view from their library.
You could possibly try contacting their sales reps to see if they can send you the old datasheets.

-Hans

ataritoobin

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2013, 07:26:00 AM »
It looks like that particular part is discontinued, but sharp does still make an S101S05F.   No idea if compatible or not, wouldn't risk it without a datasheet comparison.

Having a beast of a time trying to find a datasheet for the S101S05F,  and I don't want to 'create an account' at sharpsma.com to view from their library.
You could possibly try contacting their sales reps to see if they can send you the old datasheets.

-Hans

Good idea!  The other SSR on the PCB is a S101SO4.  I can check to see what kind of input voltage the other solid state relay on the PCB is getting, and compare to what gets fed to this relay.  It looks like the NTE RS1-D30 should work, accepts 3-24VDC input and up to 280VAC 3A out, and is dimensionally similar to the Sharp part.

I recieved new speakers and a fan from HAPP today.  I opened the old fan and oiled it several times, but it's still way too noisy :(.

I'll keep the original (I keep everything I remove from a game!  Well...except dirt, mouse poo, etc. :)), but will put the new one in.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 08:17:49 AM by ataritoobin »

ataritoobin

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2013, 04:23:26 AM »
D'oh, looked at the datasheet again, the measurements for the NTE SSR were in inches not cm...making it too big :(

Something in the Panasonic AQG series may work.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:22:13 AM by ataritoobin »

ataritoobin

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2013, 07:14:15 AM »

(Video Link)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 05:18:48 AM by ataritoobin »

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2013, 08:03:53 AM »
Link does not work for me. :-\

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2013, 06:17:35 PM »
You have to Dload it, and use VLC player to..... play it  ;)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2013, 09:34:25 PM »
You have to Dload it, and use VLC player to..... play it  ;)
Thanks M. ;)

ataritoobin

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2013, 05:23:31 AM »

(Video Link)

Oops, tried a different codec this time  :)