Author Topic: The Shed slowly but surely up and running again..  (Read 2825 times)

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
The Shed slowly but surely up and running again..
« on: January 06, 2013, 10:30:42 PM »
I spend the entire weekend moving stuff from The Shed that wasent arcade related, not everything is gone -yet- but its a start. I also moved 3 machines in storage, Battle Shark, Lunar Lander and Q*berts Qubes are now save in +18 degrees withe the Grand Champion Cockpit and Star Wars Cockpit.

The remaining machines was rearanged, and powered up  :D

First up for fixing was Vs. Super Mario Bros.
Ordered an updated chip to replace the chip in socket 1D/6D so now it runs the attract screen AND has a highscore save feature!!! Ɯbersweet, and a lot better looking than the old "select player" freeplay attract screen... ;D

-Update-

Next up today was Donkey Kong 3.
Had a few games on it when i came home from work, the first ten games the score was in the 100 to 1500 area, i really sucked at it, but then i finally cleared the first stage - and was hooked, its genuine a really fun game!!! - one thing that irritated me was the joystick, it was hard as hell to move arround, so after dinner, i took it apart, cleaned and lubicated it and put it back together... Then i had some games after the fix, and now it was smooth and even funnier. Snapped a few pics..  :)

The highscore of today:

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 08:23:16 PM by Muerto »

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
Re: The Shed slowly but surely up and running again..
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 08:34:24 PM »
Was in The Shed tonight again, and switched out (!) the batteries on the DK3 PCB, but it still wont save the High Score if i turn it of and power it on again... any suggestions??

One of the old batteries was about to leak - so, last minute removal!!! Looks like these where the original batteries fittet in the factory...

After the battery swap i had a few games, and it's very addictive!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 08:59:16 PM »
If DK3 hardware is similar to MB then the batteries are not there to keep high scores, just to save operator statistics. you can remove the batteries completely, they are useless to keep in there.....

Yup DK3 is a lot of fun, definitely underrated.

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 09:31:40 PM »
Nice to see the Shed filled with life again, hope to meet you there one day. ;)