Author Topic: No Sleep for 28 hours on crazy arcade trip  (Read 6938 times)

Bods

• View Profile
No Sleep for 28 hours on crazy arcade trip
« on: September 13, 2012, 06:01:49 PM »
Thought i'd share this with you guys too from July I did a trip more like the trips you guys do on here, no pics though sorry :-[

Couldn't resist this sega....well not sega but Hang-On bootleg but also the first place was to collect some very rare Technics Speakers

Well I was and wasn't looking forward to this trip out

Had to hire a van for the journey, not the best thing for this many miles

Couple of things to collect, though I was also wanting to do a 3rd, but decided on the day what too do but they were all in scotland, so this was my first journey to that part of the UK

Never thought to take Camera

So yesterday we were up at 6am, got ready and straight to McDonalds for Breakfast, then ready at 8am when the van hire place opended, got held up straight away coz the were having problems with the internet, no surprise it's BT

So leaving about 8:30 am and first place was straight to Glasgow just for some Hi-Fi Speakers, seller didn't want to post and weighing 20kg each I can understand.

With the odd stop off on the way, fun trying to park LWB Sprinter in a Morrisons Car Park full of morons that can't drive was the first nightmare of the day

Sat nav not knowing which way it's going and when near first destination wanted us to go down the correct road, however it was one way and sat nav was wrong way

Having looked on Google map first, I knew it was going to be tuff parking outside the place, had to double park, but all ok and speakers picked up

Buy the time this is loaded up and a quick peek at some other machines it's about 5pm and GF wants to head home however I have other thoughts

While I am up this way, there is one last mission I want to do even though it could be a complete waste of time, as I don't know what will happen if I got there.

Before leaving and just having the last chat with the seller, GF spots a dent and cracked rear tail light on the Hire van, so I thought someone had done it whilst parked, I know I didn't hit anything when parking/turning, so now worried I am gonna have to pay for the damage I didn't do

They day is costing me enough already with the cost of the items, van hire and fuel cost, so thats the last thing I need

So I came out with it, I want to drive over Edinburgh way, if I'm gonna pay for the van, I might as well make the most of it as it's only another hour or so to the place

Things didn't go too well though, we got there no problem, but had right trouble trying to get it out, ended up slashing my arm on the mirror, which I should of taken out but wires were in the way. had to tie old rags around my arm, like in the films and drive for about 7 hours back home. After getting home, straight down the hospital to get it looked at. The blood stopped quite quick which was good, but feeling very tired and cut wasn't good, and all for this,

can you guess what game it is :lol:

Bods

• View Profile
Re: No Sleep for 28 hours on crazy arcade trip
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 06:07:23 PM »
While I was struggling to get this machine out of the building

The Girlfriend was busy looking around and came out with these game boards ;D  she's so cool, she loves diving in rubbish like me to see what we can find

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 06:09:59 PM »
pure nastiness! :twisted:
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 07:13:58 PM »
...she's so cool, she loves diving in rubbish like me......
Uhhh....?

ataritoobin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 07:32:44 PM »
Looks like some Crossbow chunks in there!

Bods

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 09:02:25 PM »
...she's so cool, she loves diving in rubbish like me......
Uhhh....?

Finding good stuff in rubbish :)  free arcade pcbs is always good, what ever the condition ;D

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 09:38:28 PM »
Wow, I didn't know Hang-On *deluxe* bootleg has been made?! It looks like a kiddy ride at first sight, mostly because the flashy colors.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 09:53:58 PM »

Shame on you !  ;D

Nice catch, it does look like a kiddy ride at first indeed  :D

What was the demolished cabinet ? i dont recognise it..

Thanks for sharing !

ps. how is the arm ?

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 10:14:33 PM »
wow, that looks even better then the original one! Very cool color combo, perfect for holiday resorts and beaches! 

polderarcade

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 10:38:44 PM »
Nice story
That Crossbow game story also on jamma +?

Mix feeling about the hang –on, one site I like it, but one site it’s a boot
Having the original in my collection I think I like it more.
Love to see some pics of the boards from that hang-on

Bods

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 10:57:06 PM »
Yes the broken up machine is Exidy Crossbow ;D

The Hang-On is crazy, you wouldn't of thought they would go to all that trouble to build replica

I assume some one added the Sega Stickers, as they never usually have the Company name, I've seen some bootleg OutRun parts too and that said OutRun but not Sega

It was a Mk1 Master System inside it so I was told, someone took it out the machine, not sure why. The coin tower was stolen before i got it, which is a shame

There was an 8 track tape player fitted inside too :D 

The worst thing is, because it's the Master System and it has no analogue input, all the controls just work switches, which is very poor :roll:

It is smaller than the original machine too, I have LE Hang-On which is alot bigger, but this is a nice size really but I can still sit on it, I was thinking about a Mame bike machine ;D

Bods

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 11:01:45 PM »

Shame on you !  ;D

Nice catch, it does look like a kiddy ride at first indeed  :D

What was the demolished cabinet ? i dont recognise it..

Thanks for sharing !

ps. how is the arm ?

Arm has a nice scarr on it, infact it's the biggest one i have

ataritoobin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 11:17:29 PM »
Yes the broken up machine is Exidy Crossbow ;D

The Hang-On is crazy, you wouldn't of thought they would go to all that trouble to build replica

I assume some one added the Sega Stickers, as they never usually have the Company name, I've seen some bootleg OutRun parts too and that said OutRun but not Sega

It was a Mk1 Master System inside it so I was told, someone took it out the machine, not sure why. The coin tower was stolen before i got it, which is a shame

There was an 8 track tape player fitted inside too :D 

The worst thing is, because it's the Master System and it has no analogue input, all the controls just work switches, which is very poor :roll:

It is smaller than the original machine too, I have LE Hang-On which is alot bigger, but this is a nice size really but I can still sit on it, I was thinking about a Mame bike machine ;D

:D!  Things like this are amazing - thanks for the info!

McVenco

• View Profile
    • www.amigascene.nl
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 11:29:16 PM »
Arm has a nice scarr on it, infact it's the biggest one i have

Pics or it didn't happen!  ;)

I like the looks of those speakers, very 70s!
No arcade cab(s) yet, but happy owner of 2 Colecovisions, 2 Amigas and a pc running Mame.