Author Topic: About myself - Introduction  (Read 11131 times)

uncletom

• View Profile
About myself - Introduction
« on: August 29, 2012, 02:13:44 PM »
Look, here is my neighborhood:

It is a house of 7 floors, about 40 appartments each, in a series of 7 houses along Albyvagen. The houses were ready around 1992, drawn by Göran Jansson (architect from Finland) and built under a common project of several construction companies administered by swedish housing firm Riksbyggen.

I have lived here now ... about 15 years, and I love it here. There's action all year around with Flottsbro nearby to go swimming i the summer, camping, skiing in the winter. The world championship in hovvercraft was held there a few years ago, and there are often hot-air balloons taking off from the meadows towards the lake (lake Alby).

Here's a pic of my view at dawn some years ago. It looks about the same today anyway...

uncletom

• View Profile
Re: About myself - Introduction
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 02:18:32 PM »
 ;) Hehe, this is fun, no?

I am VERY curious about how people live. Perhaps I shouldn't be, but I honestly am. I like to awe about how big some houses are, how much space this guy has, or the architecture of another guy's house, etc..

A word to note:

After a brief discussion with Lever4 in Bruno's thread about his gameroom construction, I want to take the opportunity to welcome everyone to my home. If you're visiting Sweden you must come by for a cup of good cofee, only, please let me know in advance so that I'm able to prepare something in time. Certain days it can get quite busy here. Even theives are welcome. I have some great power-tools with batteries that will last the whole night, and since I'm also the concierge here I have access to restricted areas and places no one will ever look for your bodies.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 02:50:59 PM by uncletom »

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
    • http://slowcade.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 07:09:31 PM »
Aren't you the famous musician from the old Amiga days? Did you keep your Amiga? :)

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 08:03:44 PM »
Well, in deed I was, sadly I no longer am making any music. My Amiga went on sale long ago though. I 've had a few other since then, but none as awesome as my first A1000.

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 08:20:24 PM »
what music did you produce? any examples?

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 08:30:46 PM »
.. well Atmosphere, Occ San Geen,.. and some more, mostly for demos and such.

Have you heard Mazes of Gauntlet? I sampled Bach's organsounds with a friends sampler, and Scoopex used it in a demo.

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 09:29:24 PM »
!!! another guy from the Amiga demo scene!!! you rock!!!!! - welcome here!!!!!! :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

And modules??!!
Here you go!

You will need a player thet is able to play Protracker modules.... WinAmp maby??
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 09:31:33 PM by Muerto »

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
    • http://slowcade.blogspot.com/
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 10:13:51 PM »
uncletom: I'm a big fan of your music (and Amiga music in general). In fact I still listen to that more often than commercial music. ;D

Gerry

• View Profile
    • The Thalion Source
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 07:56:54 AM »
You will need a player thet is able to play Protracker modules.... WinAmp maby??

Deliplayer will do the job, too.

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 08:04:59 AM »
Thanks alot guys! Oh yes, Amiga was a really great part of my life then. Thanks for the link (nice cursor there... but I never did the "Beat It" tune, hm... ). I made a bit more than what I can see on Modland ... here for instance, the end tune of Fuzzball. It seems no one has ripped it yet.

Let's party! http://youtu.be/Ov5zBGM-LBE (samples from my then Roland JUNO-106 synthesizer (.. sold it ))

I use Winamp to play mods today. But some guys, like this 'Kuokka' has put stuff on youtube. So that's easier.

However today, perhaps to your disappointment, sorry guys I haven't made any music for at least 15 years, I mostly collect arcade game boards and accessories. My Camilla and I have quite different taste in music so unfortunately I rarely even listen to any music.

But.. there is always music inside my head. My brain is a 24/7 synthesizer-sequencer, hahaha...

Oh, and, you have got so see Fuzzball, here http://youtu.be/Hk9hv2AJzVk .  I made the game back in the days together with programmer John Kroknes from Norway. (I never learned how to program)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 08:21:01 AM by uncletom »

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 08:52:09 AM »
pretty cool to have you on board, brings back some memories!

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 07:08:30 PM »
Thanks. Yes it does, doesnt it...  Now that you remind me, I remember the good old days. But not all of those days were good. Remember the processing power of the computer then? 3D was pretty much impossible, flat shaded vectors in 12,5 fps, etc. But still there were alot of nice games, lot of pixel fun with DPaint.

Jope

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 09:39:12 AM »
Cool stuff, nice to virtually meet some legends. :-)

I was chatting with Sir Garbagetruck a few days ago and he mentioned that mod.madness took me was written after an incident related to a certain Atari game? Care to verify/debunk this bit of history? :-)
Looking for boards: Pac-Mania, Rainbow Islands

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 10:57:51 AM »
Ofcourse. Simply look at your avatar, once my favourite game, still one of my all time favourites. I had just bought the complete game and was 200% into it searching for "the hidden bonus level". Which I later, after calling Atari HQ in Sunnyvale, found out they had only done for the Atari ST version of the game. Anyway, I was driven to total madness by that game searching for the hidden level and all limitations in my mind were gone. It was on about that state I did that tune for the Scoopex Finland crew. Sami told me he used vodka, I used Marble Madness... or, *it* used me.

Jope

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 11:31:47 PM »
Haha, must have been disappointing to hear it didn't exist..

I guess after all that playing you can get make a 6000 point jump in the first level any time?

It's my all time favourite too, and the reason I got into arcade collecting.
Looking for boards: Pac-Mania, Rainbow Islands