Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
June 04, 2020, 04:41:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Don Bluth Production - 'Behind The Scene', the video...  (Read 8480 times)
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« on: June 29, 2008, 10:16:42 PM »

I've just found this French documentary about the making of the games Dragon's Lair & Space Ace.
I don't remember having seen some parts/footage of it before (correct me if I'm wrong).
Note the Dragon's Lair version of the cabinet played by the kid at then end of the video. Proto version wow !

Welcome at the Don Bluth Productions... back in 83 or 84' :

Who have the following cels / Backgrouds now  Roll Eyes Wink

What is the model of this LD player ?  arrow

The next picture is, I think, Don Bluth himself playing on the serial one cab'  Shocked  arrow

What is this cab' Huh?

Proto version !

Check out the full version of the video right here or just watch the low-res version via you tube  arrow

« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 10:27:40 PM by DarthNuno » Logged

Dexter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 12:39:45 AM »

Cool,

Notice the blue marquee  Smiley
Sonic 1992
ArcadeLifeStyler'

I Wanna Go Back !

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 12:48:01 AM »

(quote) What is the model of this LD player ? 

That is a Pioneer PR-7820 For Sure!!   ( I started out with one of those!! )

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 07:23:12 PM »

Yeps, and I would like to know what happens to this prototype  Huh? Where is it now ?

Sonic 1992
ArcadeLifeStyler'

I Wanna Go Back !

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 09:56:32 PM »

I know I've seen this prototype before somewhere, maybe in another article??..  I'll check my stuff.. 

But to answer your question, I bet it was a "quick throw toghether" machine for testing, and might have been dismantled??
FINNY(uk)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 11:37:38 PM »

Ahh, I wish I didnt see this footage again, because the cel and Pan Background that is in the last photo(youTube screen, is the exact one I sold a few year ago, I am really gutted I sold it, I needed the at the time...well such is life.

Regarding the prototype Dragons lair Cabinet, It has the original Wire wrapped board and player, It is in Storage, And is owned by Rick Dyer, I talk to Rick from time to time, he told me that the machine still works, he turned it on a a couple of years ago, he told me he will contact me when he gets a chance to go to his place of storage, I am still trying to prize it from him, I have been trying for years now, I am sure he will give in..... and just sell it to me...here is hoping.

Laters Guys
-Jas

"Aim for the Moon! if you fall short your be with the Stars"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: