Author Topic: [Superully's Roadtrip] Into the Wild  (Read 45707 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: [Superully's Roadtrip] Into the Wild
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2012, 11:19:51 PM »
Where's the BZ going....i might be tempted....but I'm sure you'll keep it instead of the other one you have/had....

Yes I noticed those lamps right away, very cool.....I also REALLY like the COLOR !  ;D ;D ;D

I would have taken that STEG Amplifier on the shelf too !!! If you go back, ask what he wants for it and if reasonable.....

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2012, 11:41:08 PM »
what an adventure, and what a nice catch... congrats!

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2012, 01:48:15 AM »
The kind of roadtrip that makes me drool!
Awesome report, Ully, thanks a lot for sharing the adventure!

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2012, 08:29:18 AM »
Wow, amazing roadtrip!!  :)

But seriously, you really should wear some decent shoes for such a job!! ;)

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2012, 09:27:39 AM »
Hi Ully,

Thanks for sharing this road trip... Very cool adventure and nice cabs. Also love the 70ties interior pics.

Nice one

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2012, 10:27:01 AM »
great story man, and so many cabs!

nice last picture btw, of the poor lonesome cowboy  :lol: :lol: :lol:
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2012, 10:51:48 AM »
Very nice story, a real adventure !

and you made us feel like we was there with you with the videos  :spaceace:

vernimark

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2012, 12:37:55 PM »
wow fantastic!!
I'm ready to buy all your surplus haha

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2012, 01:43:11 PM »
thx for all the cool comments, guys, it really was a hell of an adventure!

But seriously, you really should wear some decent shoes for such a job!! ;)

those ARE decent shoes for me! ;) honestly, i feel like my feet are made for those shoes, i even go hiking with them! i know, seeing the hi-tech safety shoes the other guys wore made me feel somewhat "underdressed", but i'm no fan of closed shoes. in fact, i go barefoot whenever i can. if i were allowed to go to school barefoot, i would do so! :) the good thing is: nothing's happened so far (knock on wood) ...

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2012, 05:28:08 PM »
Where's the BZ going....i might be tempted....but I'm sure you'll keep it instead of the other one you have/had....

isn't it just great when you can quote yourself? ;)

as you might know, i already have a battlezone in my collection, BUT it is in much worse condition than this one (bad sideart, broken corners, rusty control panel - the usual suspects). my idea is to keep the new one and convert the old cabinet into a red baron (if i manage to source the parts). repro artwork is going to be available soon, the problem will be to find a boardset AND an open face kit to complete the conversion. but i'm in no hurry - time is on my side!

I would have taken that STEG Amplifier on the shelf too !!! If you go back, ask what he wants for it and if reasonable.....

just let me know how much you're willing to spend and i'll get it for you if it looks complete!

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2012, 05:51:51 PM »

to quote a popular american arcade guy: "OMGWTFBBQ"!!! believe it or not, i found another "nest of games" today!!! and believe it or not, here's what i saw first upon entering :arrow:

can you believe it, another midway's space encounters - and this one is in so much nicer condition (almost no rust) than the one i already have PLUS it is complete. in all my years of collecting i had never seen a space encounters "live" - and now there's two!!!

anyway, there was also another interesting game in really good condition (apart from being dirty): blasteroids! while it is / was not at the top of my wanted list, it's a nice fun game to have. we plugged it in, monitor came on, we dropped in a coin and played a round. the game is fully working!!!

originally, i just wanted to go there to check out the place and see if i could find some hidden gems there, but when i asked the owner how much he wants to have for the games, he said he'll make me a good price if i take both of them. well, the price was too good to let go: i paid 80 euros - FOR BOTH GAMES!!! :)

i will most likely part out the first space encounters from the abandoned pizzeria and either scrap the cab or give it away to someone who wants it ...

there's also a universal galaxy wars up for grabs, but i'm not interested in it! anyone else maybe?

finally, he also has a couple of pinballs for sale! he already sold the following: Bally Kiss, Bally Embryon and Williams Lasercue. stills available is another Williams Lasercue, Williams Timewarp (two of them), Williams Trizone, Williams Flash and Gottlieb's Cleopatra. in case your interested, drop me a pm!!! however, i can already tell you they won't go as cheap as the videogames, the ones he sold ranged from 250 - 750 euros - don't know if that is a good price or not.

btw, the owner told me he had another videogame which he sold for 50 euros a few days before i went there: a mario-style game, he said. OMGWTFBBQ - hope this wasn't a donkey kong i missed out on ...  :-\

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2012, 06:15:22 PM »
A Kiss Pinbal is worth thousands depending on condition.....I was stupid enough the miss the one that was at the Belgian warehouse...not that I would want to keep it but I could have made some money for a change ;)

How do you find these places, would love to find one here.....even if I wouldn't get a single game from it...just for fun ;)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2012, 07:36:13 PM »
Some great games in there... a 'wild' adventure with awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing all these details with us, Ully!

Arcade Life Style is inside your blood man, but also outside!  ;D  :arrow:

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

TimePilot

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Atari enthusiast from eastern germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2012, 08:20:51 PM »
Congrats for the Blasteroids Ully, you where a little bit faster than me. I had the seller contacted yesterday and he write me today that the cab are sold today... and now i know where the guy was... :-\  but no prob, i know it is in good hands... ;)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:28:54 PM by TimePilot »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2012, 08:36:40 PM »
Congrats for the Blasteroids Ully, you where a little bit faster than me. I had the seller contacted yesterday and he write me today that the cab are sold today... and now i know where the guy was... :-\  but no prob, i know it is in good hands... ;)

sorry toralf, didn't want to steal this from you. was it on your "most wanted" list?

the good thing with those last two places was this: location one is just 60 kilometers away, location two only 40. hell, i could almost walk there! :D