Author Topic: Catapult marquee and board wanted ... err ... needed!  (Read 3825 times)

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Catapult marquee and board wanted ... err ... needed!
« on: August 07, 2012, 09:13:25 AM »
Hi!

I just aquired a ultra rare Photar Catapult cab minus PCB and marquee. Any hint on either of these items would be ... just GREAT!

Also looking for Megadon from the same company...

Thanks!

- Thomas
Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: Catapult marquee and board wanted ... err ... needed!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 09:21:38 AM »
you are really going for the uber-rare games, thomas - never heard of that one. here's the game's description from klov:

The player controls a dog named Bruno who must catapult cats and mice out of his owner's house before the cats destroy all the furniture.

WTF? :D
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 09:30:04 AM »
Pix?

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 09:31:42 AM »
Reminds me of Alley Cat. But there you pay the cat chasing mice (since when do DOGS chase mice ???) and you have to avoid the watchdogs....best game on Atari 8 bit EVER....

I love people digging up games I never heard of....the rarer the better. Makes me learn :)
Problem is finding stuff for it will be close to impossible.....

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
    • http://slowcade.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 09:55:18 AM »

Maybe not. People may have it laying around almost forever, because there is no demand for it.  :)
I, for example, have rare boards which I don't see anyone asking for. Not sure if I have this one, though.

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 10:22:17 AM »
Pic attached. I know it doesnt look like much. Also no side art :pac:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:48:13 AM by Love »
Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 10:24:20 AM »

Maybe not. People may have it laying around almost forever, because there is no demand for it.  :)
I, for example, have rare boards which I don't see anyone asking for. Not sure if I have this one, though.

If you wanna get rid of anything, I may be able to help you out :)

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 11:02:25 AM »
I'm going through my boards these days and taking pictures of everything, so I'll let you know. But if it's as rare as you say it is, I wouldn't get my hopes up. :)

ataritoobin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 07:15:35 PM »
Reminds me of Alley Cat. But there you pay the cat chasing mice (since when do DOGS chase mice ???) and you have to avoid the watchdogs....best game on Atari 8 bit EVER....

I love people digging up games I never heard of....the rarer the better. Makes me learn :)

I loved Alley Cat!  I used to have that (still do actually but the disk no longer works  >:() on my Zenith XT clone :)  The Atari-8 version is far superior.

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 07:53:01 PM »
I'm going through my boards these days and taking pictures of everything, so I'll let you know. But if it's as rare as you say it is, I wouldn't get my hopes up. :)

Cool thanks :)

BTW: just read the post on your site where you kind of explained the ... Situation to the american collectors. Shipping from the east coast to Bremerhaven is $250/cab max including VAT etc. So if you want something, get it?

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 11:44:18 PM »
BTW: just read the post on your site where you kind of explained the ... Situation to the american collectors.

Hehe, yes.. A lot of built-up frustration there. :D I got fed up when I couldn't even find a shop which sells foam paint rollers.

Shipping from the east coast to Bremerhaven is $250/cab max including VAT etc. So if you want something, get it?

Bremerhaven is in Germany, right? I live in the middle of Norway, and shipping from anywhere in the USA to where I live is minimum $1000. At least the shipping companies which I have found. :-[
But is what you are saying for real? $250/cab max seems almost too good to be true. I may know someone who can transport the cab from Germany for me for an additional $150. Do you have more details about the shipping company etc? Must the seller wrap the cabinet and put it on a pallet, or can the shipping company do it for an additional charge?
What happens when the cab arrives at Bremerhaven? Is there a charge per day? Does it have to be picked up within a certain number of days? Will it be kept inside, under a roof?

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 10:54:56 AM »
BTW: just read the post on your site where you kind of explained the ... Situation to the american collectors.

Hehe, yes.. A lot of built-up frustration there. :D I got fed up when I couldn't even find a shop which sells foam paint rollers.

Shipping from the east coast to Bremerhaven is $250/cab max including VAT etc. So if you want something, get it?

Bremerhaven is in Germany, right? I live in the middle of Norway, and shipping from anywhere in the USA to where I live is minimum $1000. At least the shipping companies which I have found. :-[
But is what you are saying for real? $250/cab max seems almost too good to be true. I may know someone who can transport the cab from Germany for me for an additional $150. Do you have more details about the shipping company etc? Must the seller wrap the cabinet and put it on a pallet, or can the shipping company do it for an additional charge?
What happens when the cab arrives at Bremerhaven? Is there a charge per day? Does it have to be picked up within a certain number of days? Will it be kept inside, under a roof?

The container will ship from Hagerstown MA, thats on the the east coast. The $250/cab are for shiping from Hagerstown to Bremerhaven/a place where we can unload the container.

If you need to move something to the US warehouse in Hagerstown, you will need to pay for this extra. Depending on what and where it is, strapping to pallets might be necessary for shipping stuff to Hagerstown. For the container itself, no pallets are used as they waste much too much space.

When the cabs arrive in Bremerhaven and the container is cleared, i.e. customs duty paid etc., we will have it shipped to a delivery address of choice and need to unload it in 2-3 hours. I dont plan to provide storage, but I am sure me or some other fellow collector (maybe from Denmark) will be happy to keep your games til you have someone pick them up. Best would be you are there to get them yourself though.

The shipping company will be DACHSER. There is also an extra fee of €50/cab I take for making all this happen :)

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 12:36:02 PM »
Ah, you're referring to the US container deal? I misunderstood, I thought you meant it cost $250 to ship one and one cab individually. :)

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 10:14:50 PM »
Ah, you're referring to the US container deal? I misunderstood, I thought you meant it cost $250 to ship one and one cab individually. :)

No, sorry. One cab only is expensive thats true :)