Author Topic: Going home....  (Read 24575 times)

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
Re: Going home....
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2012, 12:31:01 PM »
yeah, those shipping companies have never heard of something like ´the client is king´ and customer service is a complete unknown concept for them, I know that from own experience.
Not defending them, but this is just one container and that's a lot of hassle for them for just a little bit of profit.

Why offer to do it in the first place then??
The least they could do is inform the costumer regarding delays etc...

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2012, 04:33:11 PM »
yeah, those shipping companies have never heard of something like ´the client is king´ and customer service is a complete unknown concept for them, I know that from own experience.
Not defending them, but this is just one container and that's a lot of hassle for them for just a little bit of profit.

Crisis.

Did you have to pay upfront ?
If not you can write them your complaints (be business like, keep to the facts, leave out emotion, be complete) and suggest a deduction on the payment for these reasons. If they don't agree, see if they are connected to any organization that will handle complaints/disputes.
Else I would simply deduct 10% for their bad performance. That will hurt them as margins are extremely low, like 2 % or something....

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2012, 05:13:30 PM »

Crisis.

Did you have to pay upfront ?
If not you can write them your complaints (be business like, keep to the facts, leave out emotion, be complete) and suggest a deduction on the payment for these reasons. If they don't agree, see if they are connected to any organization that will handle complaints/disputes.
Else I would simply deduct 10% for their bad performance. That will hurt them as margins are extremely low, like 2 % or something....

I payed up front on Wednesday, and our stuff was loaded the following monday..
TBH if I wrote a complaint I don't think they care, as ill never use them again...

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2012, 05:21:33 PM »
Just wondering, do you have to pay import duties for your cabs (or everything els) when you move back from England to Denmark? I presume you have bought all the stuff in England.

I ask this because when you go on vacation to say Asia and buy things and then send that to your home adress you get import duties.

If not what is the difference with these two senario's?

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2012, 05:57:20 PM »
He doesnt because both the UK and Denmark are in the EC and everything transported within the EC is without duties. We are not one country, but the countries of the EC form a boundary free (well in theory, the UK guys have their own rules) area of moving people and goods.

Only stuff that enters the EC from outside the EC can be subject of import duties and taxes.

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2012, 08:58:17 PM »
Oh of course, I forgot that :)
But still wondering. What about moving to say from europe to usa or australia or vice versa. Do you than have to  pay import duties over all your (old) furniture etc.?
Is it than better to sell off those things and buy everything new in your new country? Only keeping those things very close to you.

Or is there some other arrangement for this sort of situation?

This is the last question, sorry, back ontopic

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2012, 11:14:03 PM »
Ask PaulSwan, he just moved a container full of old cabs to the US. Interesting question. Since these things are so old you'd expect it to be excepted from import duties but who knows....

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2012, 07:28:41 PM »
Just found my camera, and on one of the pictures shows the driver of the lorry that picked up our stuff..... :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: