Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 6054 times)

Ghost Soldier

• View Profile
Hello Everyone
« on: April 23, 2008, 02:47:35 PM »
Hello everyone,
     I'd like to introduce myself being new to this forum.  I'm 28 yrs old and live in indiana.  I've been a videogame player as far back as I can remember.  I mostly collect home systems and have yearned for a chance to break into the arcade scene.  After stumbling across this site I was treated to great collections of game related items.  I enjoy following the works of Nuno and Sonic.  Hat's off to you two for having beautiful collections.  So far I have come across 4 arcade cabs that I have saved from the trash heap.  A local carwash was throwing them away.  There all in various states of disrepair.  The games are as follows:  Area 51, Revolution X, Commando, and Road Riot 4wd.  I plan on making one or two good machines out of the lot.  In the next few weeks I'll be breaking ground on a 24x30 Garage/Gameroom.  I plan on taking a few road trips to pick-up cabs in the next few months.  Keeping with the tradition of the site I'll post thread's about my adventures.  I"m active on other forums under the same screenname.  Sites such as Rfgeneration, AtariAge, Neo-Geo and Mystery Manor.

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 05:26:30 PM »
Hello!!!!  And welcome!  Thank you for the compliment!!  :D

Good Luck with your gameroom and road trips!!!

Looking foward to hearing about your game room and roadtrips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

.... Area 51!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I love that game and have been to Area 51!!!!  (they probably have a file on me lol)   

I know... a little off topic.. but just had to share this!!!   ;D  ;D  ;D      (UFO believer here)   ;)

Ghost Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 05:33:17 PM »
Good ole' Groom Lake.  Love the pictures of you in front of the deadly force signs.  Being discharged from the military I know there is alot more going on than they want people to know.  "The government has a right to hide it's secrets" "But at what cost ? When does the human cost become too much".  From the X-files.  The one that mentioned a second gulf war.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 07:18:13 PM »
Hello Ghost Soldier and a warm welcome to you here  ;)

Hey, you're living in Indiana ? What is the Arcade Scene over there ?
Woow, you already have a Commando cabinet... a real classic and must have one  :-*

Many thank for your nice words  ;) Sonic said all  : Feel free to post pictures of your games (I can host the pictures for you if needed)  :-*

As you'll see, it's a small community on this forum, but there are very nice and helpful guys  :-*

Ghost Soldier

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 07:55:25 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome Darth and Sonic.  The arcade scene here in indiana has disappeared over the last few years.  The local mall used to have two excellent arcade area's.  Now they have one that is full of kiddie type stuff.  Games where you win ticket's and you get to pick dollar prizes.  There are a few dance machines and the like, but no classic games.  There are a few pizza places that still have a few cabs up and running.  Games like Pit-Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and the like.  As soon as the lair is under construction I'm going to see if I can haggle with them about a few of there cabs.  I'd like to have a couple decent fighters like MK and Street Fighter.

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 09:07:56 PM »
You are Sooooo Right!!  That is why people are scrambling to save their favorite games!! 

Just as Bruno has named it... "Arcade Lifestyle"  It means just that!!!   Myself,... I was not: on the baseball field, cub scouts, etc etc, I was at the arcade!!!!!

Yes, arcades are dying.. F A S T.  I managed to save part of my arcades' history!  Today, there is nothing in there to play.  Just ticket redempion crap.  I'll bet most arcades only have a few years left, I mean how many times can you play the same driving & flying game?

If you wished you were David in Wargames, or Alex in The Last Starfighter, You're in the right place!!!   Tell us all your stories you have of anything videogame related!!  We're your counselors in this ward of videogame insanity!!! :lol:  ;D

Sonic 1992