Author Topic: US container #1 CoinOpWarehouse  (Read 347239 times)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
Re: US container #1 CoinOpWarehouse
« Reply #1170 on: April 11, 2013, 10:48:25 PM »
Tested my frogger this afternoon;
Not working...  :'( but of course it was sold as working by CoinOpWarehouse. >:(

I bought 2 things from them so far and they screwed me 2 times (one "complete" Q*bert that they shipped without monitor and one "working" Frogger that has a dead PCB).
This is just to warn collectors about "nice" Lloyd and his blurry pictures of cabs on trailers.

By the way: this post is absolutely not bitter (I'll fix everything and I'm still really happy with my cabs from the container) and certainly not against the hard work of Thomas (not the Kung-Fu Master, the German Master).

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #1171 on: April 11, 2013, 10:49:56 PM »
Tested my frogger this afternoon;
Not working...  :'( but of course it was sold as working by CoinOpWarehouse. >:(

I bought 2 things from them so far and they screwed me 2 times (one "complete" Q*bert that they shipped without monitor and one "working" Frogger that has a dead PCB).
This is just to warn collectors about "nice" Lloyd and his blurry pictures of cabs on trailers.

By the way: this post is absolutely not bitter (I'll fix everything and I'm still really happy with my cabs from the container) and certainly not against the hard work of Thomas (not the Kung-Fu Master, the German Master).

oh boy... this still sux though. and no candy in the cab. :(
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: April 11, 2013, 10:55:47 PM »
The frog will rise again, don't worry  ;D
I just need a bit more time and I have to admit I own a spare untested PCB under my sleeve too  ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #1173 on: April 11, 2013, 10:56:46 PM »
Is it about time to blow the whistle about COW on KLOV forum/Facebook?

I saw on Facebook they were loading up a container for Holland (probably Jukeboxes/pins)....

I think they did a pretty piss poor job on this whole deal and I'm kinda glad I didn't get a cab in that container....

Of course because of that I am not getting into this and I assume Love is still working on this ?

But I hate to see friends get screwed and I hate injustice.....
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 11:00:45 PM by Level42 »

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: April 11, 2013, 11:24:24 PM »
Thanks, definitely feels good to be supported like that!
IMHO they were clearly the weakest link in this whole deal but I'd rather give it a bit more time and let Thomas work his magic and try to get hem to make things right before blowing the alarm whistle on forums.
(about the container to Holland it's mainly american memorabilia and they are years long friends/customers so I guess they are treated better).

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: April 11, 2013, 11:33:08 PM »
Well, obv things have gone wrong with this deal, and I honestly feel a little concerned about my DK cab in the #2. I also feel sorry for guys like Chris and Thorsten.

But at the end of the day things can go wrong with a project like this and the most important thing is how the involved party will solve things.

Love is going to visit COW, it is still a possibility COW will sort things out.

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: April 12, 2013, 06:54:10 AM »
Well, it can always happen that a cab that was working before shipping is dead now. It's often only reseating ICs in sockets and cables/plugs. It's a completely different thing when stuff is not where it is supposed to be.

Let's Thomas finish Container #2 before starting to blame COW. I have no proof where my PCB was replaced so what can I do?

Thomas will be over there this weekend IIRC and it would be very bad for him if there was a bashing against COW. As far as both said there will be no container #3 with COW. Also don't be too afraid about your cabs in #2. I think, at least I hope that Lloyd won#t let this happen again :)

Tup

• View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: April 12, 2013, 06:40:12 PM »
So far my Kungfu Master which was on the container too works like a charm. But then again, Thomas bought this one for me from another seller than Lloyd. It really sucks for all you guys that got the bad end of this deal and I hope that Thomas will be able to work things out. I also hope that there will be much kess problems with the next shipment!

TimePilot

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Atari enthusiast from eastern germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: April 13, 2013, 10:21:50 AM »
ok, this time my experience with the container buy in the USA :arrow:

1. Nintendo VS Hogans Alley, sold from Lloyd as working: test works fine! :spaceace:
2. Atari Space Duel, sold from coinopdoctor as working: test works fine! :spaceace:
3. Nintendo Duck Hunt VS, sold from coinopdoctor as project cab incl. add parts: test every parts there, very trustful. :spaceace:

4. my Atari Assault is still in storage by thomas.

Visual problems only with the Hogans Alley, because the front wood piece down at the foot is missing. otherwise only minor defects on cabs.

for me here you get a clear 2+ for the transaction.

Purity

• View Profile
    • Arcade Collectors
« Reply #1179 on: May 01, 2013, 08:34:29 PM »
Short update.

The second container is full (more or less). And I am going to the US this weekend to deal with the remaining ?'s locally. Also to "adjust my logistics workflow" to higher security standards. Lol.

This might sound like we have a major disaster here, but I dont think so at all. There are some issues that I will sort out one way or the other, but aside of these this adventure did work out very well.

Update after I am back next week.

How did the recent trip go?

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #1180 on: May 01, 2013, 10:54:32 PM »
This was just posted on Facebook by COW:

"53 arcade machines on their way to Thomas in Germany!"

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #1181 on: May 01, 2013, 11:16:02 PM »
it was so silent the last weeks. :( i would have "loved" to score a second cab. :(

the next one has to be fillec with at least 2 or 3 cabs for me. :( so many on my whishlist.

ully.. when are you going to open up your "super"-market? ;)
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: May 02, 2013, 02:25:58 PM »
it was so silent the last weeks. :( i would have "loved" to score a second cab. :(

the next one has to be fillec with at least 2 or 3 cabs for me. :( so many on my whishlist.

ully.. when are you going to open up your "super"-market? ;)

wish list? did  i hear the word wish list????
Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: May 02, 2013, 02:29:19 PM »
Short update.

The second container is full (more or less). And I am going to the US this weekend to deal with the remaining ?'s locally. Also to "adjust my logistics workflow" to higher security standards. Lol.

This might sound like we have a major disaster here, but I dont think so at all. There are some issues that I will sort out one way or the other, but aside of these this adventure did work out very well.

Update after I am back next week.

How did the recent trip go?

Well, was nice seeing the leaves starting to come out... And I got me a Space Lords :)
Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: May 02, 2013, 02:30:59 PM »
I consider this thread done now. Will open another one for containers 2 + 3.