Author Topic: US container #1 CoinOpWarehouse  (Read 347395 times)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
Re: US container #1 CoinOpWarehouse
« Reply #1065 on: April 01, 2013, 07:11:59 PM »
holy shit... this is bad. it is definately a different board. :(
i am very sorry for you. i guess we all have our own downs today. at least mine was selfmade... could kick myself in the butt for killing the dk jr. might be able to fix it though. your problem is a bit bigger... :(
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #1066 on: April 01, 2013, 07:14:47 PM »
Well, mixed feelings for me.
Got my Kung Fu Master...but the condition is badder than expected... Worst, the cabinet has been damaged somewhere 'in the process'.
This will give me unexpected 'extra wor'k on that cabinet, but also change its value, regarding the price I paid...
I'll post more details in the road trip to come.

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 01, 2013, 07:33:27 PM »
@Luigi
WTF! Seriously, i would post that on KLOV, he is the only one that have handled the cab, and when you have those pictures its clearly that "someone" have changed the pcb!!!
Im shocked!!!!! Arent we supposed to be on the same team here??!!!!!!!11

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 01, 2013, 07:38:18 PM »
@thorsten: that is really really REALLY bad. what makes me curious though is the fact that todd took pictures of the cab's interior for you and then afterwards he should have changed the pcb? wouldn't that be utmost stupid for him to do?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #1069 on: April 01, 2013, 08:07:54 PM »
Why couldn't CoW have done this ? They had the cab before putting it in the container right ?

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 01, 2013, 08:12:19 PM »
Todd replied and swore that he never does anything like this to cabs he doesn't own. I'm willing to believe him. André, and Ully, you're right with your point.

Here's another version: the bracket losened during transportation and COW replaced the PCB.

I will go after that...

« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 08:18:51 PM by Luigi »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #1071 on: April 01, 2013, 08:12:34 PM »
Ow crap......just realized......this isn't all April's fools right ??

[Edit] Posted at the same time as Luigi.....anyway, wouldn't think you guys would make jokes like this really....

« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 08:18:53 PM by Level42 »

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 01, 2013, 08:20:19 PM »
Todd replied and swore that he never does anything like this to cabs he doesn't own. I'm willing to believe him. André, and Ully, you're right with your point.

Here's another version: the bracket losened during transportation and COW replaced the PCB.

I will go after that...

Mo matter who did it, they have to send you the one that "worked", but still, shocked that people would do such a thing!!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #1073 on: April 01, 2013, 08:22:45 PM »
Although I don't like Todd's cab-throwing, I think this is not like him at all....

I have had two dealings with him in the past. One went perfect. Excellent fast communications, realistic prices for both product and shipping.
The 2nd deal took very long to arrive here. So long that I mailed him about it that it was WAY longer than any normal air-shipment to me (talking about 4 weeks...)
After a day or two he mailed me that he had re-checked my shipping and it turned out that accidentally it was shipped _surface_ mail instead of by air. At the same time as sending that mail he also immediately had refunded me the difference in shipping price to my PayPal. It wasn't that large of an amount but I do think that does say something....oh and the package did arrive in the end, I had no real hurry with it so it was also no problem that way...

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #1074 on: April 01, 2013, 08:26:01 PM »

I will go after that...

Mo matter who did it, they have to send you the one that "worked", but still, shocked that people would do such a thing!!!!
Shocked and amazed about the stupidity of doing something like that because it ALWAYS will come out in the open and backfire HUGELY on the one who did it....

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: April 01, 2013, 08:34:38 PM »

the magic of the lose bracket - NEVER!!!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 01, 2013, 08:46:18 PM »
Lloyd also says he never touched it and no customer had access to the machines....oh well, no customer...

Anyone here with a spare Journey-PCB-set?  :-[  :'(

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #1077 on: April 01, 2013, 08:48:32 PM »
Lloyd also says he never touched it and no customer had access to the machines....oh well, no customer...

Anyone here with a spare Journey-PCB-set?  :-[  :'(

i can only speak for my boys and me... we did not do it either.. but since you unloaded the cab youself... you probably knew that anyway. this sucks big time. i am really sorry for you.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: April 01, 2013, 08:51:41 PM »
someone MUST HAVE exchanged the pcb!!! really a shame, sorry to hear that, thorsten

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 01, 2013, 09:03:28 PM »
someone MUST HAVE exchanged the pcb!!! really a shame, sorry to hear that, thorsten

Of course, and it must have been at TNT, COW or in Bremen. I cannot imagine the latter. The original seller shiopped the right thing, Todd's picture is the proof.

Stefan, I had never wasted any thought that you guys could have replaced the PCB :)

I will try to clean the "Two Tigers" PCBs and populate it with new eproms...maybe it can be turned into Journey....