Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
September 23, 2019, 09:12:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 80
  Print  
Author Topic: US container #1 CoinOpWarehouse  (Read 57905 times)
Q*ris
ArcadeLifeStyler'

CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 21, 2012, 10:50:36 PM »

No, that's OK, I'll let you alone decide what's better for all of us.
Now back to topic, sorry folks.
joeks
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 21, 2012, 11:04:19 PM »

I have to come from Goes, the Netherlands. About 400 km to Bremershaven.
Sure, Rotterdam is a lot closer for me.
But I am sure we can arrange something like a car-pool rent-a-van thing.
Just saying, I can rent a van and pick up some people along the way.

Three cabs don't fit my Ford Focus wagon anyway Smiley
Tup

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 21, 2012, 11:09:59 PM »

I have to come from Goes, the Netherlands. About 400 km to Bremershaven.
Sure, Rotterdam is a lot closer for me.
But I am sure we can arrange something like a car-pool rent-a-van thing.
Just saying, I can rent a van and pick up some people along the way.

Three cabs don't fit my Ford Focus wagon anyway Smiley
I am in Breda and already thought it would be handy if we teamed up so that we can share the cost of renting a van. Plus driving that long distance is also nicer if you can alternate between drivers! I don't have any problem with Bremerhaven. Hey, if anything it should be an interesting roadtrip  Cheesy
And to be honest, I can see Thomas's take on this. It is after all his idea and his hard work.
And Yhomas: add my name to the list too!
joeks
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 21, 2012, 11:19:24 PM »

Hi Tup,

Great idea! I already thought of that as well. Let's do this Smiley
Will be an interesting day for sure I think.
And I can understand Thomas too, about rather having the drop-off a bit closer by.
Love
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 21, 2012, 11:28:19 PM »

Okay, maybe I should have discussed this more publicly. Please accept my apologies for not doing that.

It just doesnt make much sense for me to ship a container to Rotterdam. After all I am german. Even a german citizen! I do have rights in Germany! Also I have the means to find out how to do the container import. Doing this in the Netherlands sounds like much more stress and complexity on any level. I mean there are even tasks like renting a place to unload the container at, that are not easy to handle for me in the Netherlands. Not to speak of finding out if I need to become a Dutch citizen to import stuff via Rotterdam andsoon,

Whatever, I hope you are okay with my decision.

- Love
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 11:30:34 PM by Love » Logged

Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!
ckong
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 21, 2012, 11:49:14 PM »

I have to come from Goes, the Netherlands. About 540 km to Bremershaven.

corrected that  Cheesy

Anyway, Im sure that you guys will be allright and Im looking forward to all your roadtrips, with tons of pictures.
atarimania

View Profile WWW
« Reply #351 on: August 21, 2012, 11:52:37 PM »

From Paris rotterdam was closer than bremenhaven  Cry  Cry

Have You Played Atari Today ?
joeks
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 21, 2012, 11:58:23 PM »

Oops, I was a bit too optimistic. Maybe we should crash the night before at your place so we can drive there in two days instead of one Smiley

I have to come from Goes, the Netherlands. About 540 km to Bremershaven.

corrected that  Cheesy

Anyway, Im sure that you guys will be allright and Im looking forward to all your roadtrips, with tons of pictures.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 12:00:39 AM by joeks » Logged
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: August 22, 2012, 02:05:55 AM »

Not to speak of finding out if I need to become a Dutch citizen to import stuff via Rotterdam...
Ever heard of the European Community?

ataritoobin

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 22, 2012, 05:25:23 AM »

I don't know the seller, but there's a Money Money for $200USD on Craigslist out on the west coast:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/vgm/3214413229.html
Luigi
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 22, 2012, 12:23:21 PM »

To be honest....I don't understand this discussion. He cares for all the stuff that has to be done to bring that container over here, he even helps searching the wanted cabs  so why should he be bothered having it all transported to Bremerhaven instead of Rotterdam???
I understand that you would like to have a short way to pick up but that's just the way it is.

btw....Rotterdam would be ~140km closer to my home than Bremerhaven but I don't complain.

But, in the same manner I don't understand why Love started that poll at all!?!  Has Rotterdam ever been an option? I guess not.

Thomas, please add my name to the list (behind Journey) Smiley
Love
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 22, 2012, 02:13:30 PM »

I don't know the seller, but there's a Money Money for $200USD on Craigslist out on the west coast:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/vgm/3214413229.html

wow thats far. sadly.

Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!
Love
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 22, 2012, 02:15:01 PM »

2012-08-22, For sale post and games list updated!

Love
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 22, 2012, 02:29:34 PM »

But, in the same manner I don't understand why Love started that poll at all!?!  Has Rotterdam ever been an option? I guess not.

Long: This whole thing started off as a kind of community project, where we do everything together basically. My idea was I would just provide the container option and do the bla with the US partner and anyone participating just gets their games themselves and help make it happen. As no one did like this idea, the whole concept changed step by step to a more well-known setup that people can and want to commit to. Now its "Love's container" (at least workload wise) and I also take a fee for my efforts etc.

Short: this is not a pre-planned project and it changed quite a lot over time. Thats why I did start a poll back then. Thats why I also realized AFTER starting the poll that it didn't make much sense to start it in the first place.

Even shorter: I am a learning-by-doing kinda guy and didnt think it through before I started the darn poll. Sorry for that.

pacman pacman

« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 03:02:57 PM by Love » Logged

joeks
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 22, 2012, 02:44:24 PM »

Nice list so far!
Twenty more cabinets people!

Or maybe I should pic up a Pontiac Trans AM over there to fill up the container and pay Thomas 8 x cabinet fee for the space used Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 80
  Print  

Jump to: