Author Topic: US container interest check  (Read 40296 times)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
Re: US container interest check
« Reply #120 on: July 04, 2012, 12:45:52 AM »
That's a nice price and it's working...
I'm up for it! Thanks :)

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 04, 2012, 12:51:19 AM »
That's a nice price and it's working...
I'm up for it! Thanks :)

Bug bug bug ... please assign to it in ashanna if you want to buy it.

Thanks!
Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 04, 2012, 10:11:27 AM »
Done (I think)!
That Asana thing is too modern for me.
Where is the damn joystick?  ;)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 10:13:53 AM by chrischris »

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 04, 2012, 10:37:48 AM »
Done (I think)!
That Asana thing is too modern for me.
Where is the damn joystick?  ;)

@all: No need to complete a task. Tasks are games here and they are not comlete until the offer is not valid anymore or they are at someones place in europe.

You want something? Just assign the task (game to you). Dont complete the task (game) as it will still have a long way to go til it is at your place.

Thanks everyone. And please check the "news ticker" section every day!
Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #124 on: July 04, 2012, 11:11:43 AM »
Am I the only one who lost interest when things shifted to the this Ananas stuff ?

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2012, 11:24:05 AM »
nope, it's a pain in the ass and i was getting overloaded with emails, luckily you can turn that off..

Anyway, with all those other parties/dealers getting involved i kinda fear things will get too complicated, but that's just me...

skov

• View Profile
    • vudu.dk
« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2012, 11:38:20 AM »
Am I the only one who lost interest when things shifted to the this Ananas stuff ?

Same here, seemed so straight forward before, just wait for a pricing range from the US guy, then decide.

Plus the fact that we still have no clue where in Europe this is landing makes the decision to commit a bit more "iffy"

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2012, 12:04:32 PM »
of course i'm still in for a nice Double Dragon or Gyruss (if the price is right)... let's hope things work out!  :D

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2012, 12:21:38 PM »

Same here, seemed so straight forward before, just wait for a pricing range from the US guy, then decide.

Plus the fact that we still have no clue where in Europe this is landing makes the decision to commit a bit more "iffy"

+1. Too complicated for me.

joeks

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Repro
« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2012, 12:36:27 PM »
Well, I have never worked with Asana before, but it is a nice tool to see all the status of things, updates on deals etc.
I must say, I don't understand it completely too. But as Love says, Look at the list and just assign the games you want.
All you need to do.

Checking it several times a day, with all the updates on offers Love is doing.
Hope this containerdeal goes through, prices are good!
Makes Arcade Artwork Reproductions at www.arcadeartrepro.com

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2012, 01:11:13 PM »
Well, I have never worked with Asana before, but it is a nice tool to see all the status of things, updates on deals etc.
I must say, I don't understand it completely too. But as Love says, Look at the list and just assign the games you want.
All you need to do.

Checking it several times a day, with all the updates on offers Love is doing.
Hope this containerdeal goes through, prices are good!

Yes, this is pretty much it. I know there is a learning curve with the tool, but to just check for updates and assign to stuff you want should be possible?

Look, there are almost twenty guys involved in this already. Do you expect me to have in mind what everyone of you is interested in? Well I do have a job and kid you know :-)

If I put all this in a spreadsheet, the complexity of the whole thing is going to be a real pain in the ass. Plus where would you put comments question and pictures there.

That said, I want this to happen. So if some guys just want to buy games from John, okay. Leaves more room for others who want to look for stuff themself.

I have feedback from John and we will get his list soon. Lets take it from there.

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 04, 2012, 01:17:57 PM »
I don't understand Asananas neither but Love is putting a lot of work into this, and as said: all we have to do is check the list and click what we want... is this really too much to ask?
Move that damn mouse if you really want your games instead of complaining  ;D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #132 on: July 04, 2012, 02:01:55 PM »
Uhhhh... if you can't manage a simple spreadsheet then how on earth are you going to pull the rest of this deal off ?

Sorry but I'm out.

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 04, 2012, 02:26:22 PM »
Uhhhh... if you can't manage a simple spreadsheet then how on earth are you going to pull the rest of this deal off ?

Sorry but I'm out.

Thanks for the flowers. Well, I kind of wanted to encourage all of you working on this, to share workload a bit. If thats not gonna work out (as it seems right now), I will do all the stuff myself (for you) and charge a fee.

For the goddamn spread sheets, well, are you doing project management on a daily base? Spreadsheet is great for doing calculation, but it's a horror to work with if things are getting complex as it just does not provide different finegrained views on every aspect of a project. And it screems for email or PM as a second tool to do the communicating in and keep people up to date.

The asana project management tool is email AND a website AND a spreadsheet all in one place. Just without the numbers. And guess what, I put the numbers in spreadsheets and link them to there.

Ah whatever. If you are out you are out. If you are not out and want to buy something from John tell me and I will see to it.

And last but not least, if you guys just want to see a list of stuff to buy in a forum thread getting updated, let me know. Or even better let's vote. Just vote for "forum" or "project management tool" and we switch/stay to/with the winner.

Thanks, Thomas

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #134 on: July 04, 2012, 04:04:13 PM »
Is there really a reason to start cursing here ? I'm not offended by it, I'm not religious but other people maybe. I do find it out of place. I think I'm entitled to decide about staying in or getting out of the deal now. (Better now than much later). I mentioned spreadsheet because you did, but does it really matter if it's a simple list here in the thread, or spreadsheet or a database ?

Already you are mentioning not having enough time for this because you have a job and a kid (like more of us do).
That makes me doubt about how much time you are going to be able to invest to actually manage the whole deal. This is the reason why I choose to get out BEFORE I do any "damage"/go wasting your time, I think that is simply clear and the most honest thing to do.

During working hours I usually can only type short messages so that's why I was short, direct and clear.
Can't see what is wrong with that and if you loose your temper about a futile little thing like this I wonder even more how you are going to manage  this....