Author Topic: US container interest check  (Read 40280 times)

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: US container interest check
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2012, 01:36:47 PM »
Just added a News Ticker section. Is similar to the Marktplaats and ebay threads on the forum. Can you please check it? And do you get email notifications for it?

If you think this should be a thread in the DL forum, not in asana let me know. I just think it's quite handy to move one of the news posts over to the games project and make it a game (or set of games).

Let me know what you think.

Thomas
Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
love letter
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2012, 04:58:52 PM »
Hi all interested in the US container adventure,

I feel like I need to explain some of my moves here. First of all I am happy and excited that we are going to try to do this (most probably). The word excited is no blah here, as is proven by the amount of posts in this thread ;-) Please bear with me, if I am a bit confusing sometimes.

That said, I want this to be a venture of all of us, not just me. Sure, I could buy your grails in the US and try to make some money of you, at least in theory, but to be honest I wouldn't even have the funds to do so. I also don't think that this is the right way to do it.

I never quite got why no one from over here is doing the container thing. Well, the main reason might be that organizing the whole thing is not possible if you are not there. The second being that it is expensive, but to be honest, I think the first reason is the whole problem.

We don't have this problem. John is taking care of it - for free!

We do have another problem though. That's to do with how John makes his money in a deal like this. He sells games at NON KLOV prices. Not as high as some of the really crazy people out there (like a TARG for $1500 lol), but high nevertheless.

To make the deal work for John, we will have to buy expensive games from him. John, on the other hand, knows that buying all games from him isn't working for us. That's why he accepts games from other sources in the deal too. We can even store them at his facility!

Some of you stated they would rather buy all the stuff from John directly. I for myself am especially keen on buying stuff somewhere else (like klov). I believe a mix of both options will be best and John seems to think so too, as he pointed this out to me in the first place.

Sooooooooooooo. There are three options to get games into that damn container.

1 --- Buy from John. Easy and expensive.
2 --- Let me make deals for you with other sellers and pay me a €50 fee for every game that ends up in the container.
3 --- Go to Klov, Craigs List or your friends and order stuff yourself and get it shipped to John's. For, hmm, free.

Number 2 is meant to point something out here. John is making much more then €50 in every game he sells you. Me for myself I am after certain games I want like crazy anyway and even have a job ;-) So why don't you look for your grails yourself?

That said you don't need to. If you prefer option 1 or 2, well so be it.

Why did I choose some simple project management tool instead putting this in a forum thread and an spread sheet? Because I think that the possibilities of this deal are not covered by forum and spread sheet. And also because this would make one person doing it all.

I do believe in flexibility and transparency. I also believe that anyone should be able to choose the options most suitable to them. And this in turn means, that some real-time project management tool is the weapon of choice :-))))

I am serious regarding the €50 fee.

Please let me know if you are fine with all this.

Thanks,
Thomas

PS: Do you guys get mails regarding posts in the "news ticker" project of asana? If not please "follow" that stupid project, as I am posting possible deals there first. Kay?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 11:49:58 PM by Love »
Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!

joeks

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Repro
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2012, 05:09:26 PM »
To put it short, yes I am perfectly fine with this.
Is John fine with games coming to his doorstep from others sellers (KLOV, Ebay)?
Makes Arcade Artwork Reproductions at www.arcadeartrepro.com

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2012, 05:10:37 PM »
Is John fine with games coming to his doorstep from others sellers (KLOV, Ebay)?

Thats exactly what he offered and I m trying to make clear all the time lol  :pac: :pac: :pac:

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: love letter
« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2012, 05:25:22 PM »
..... Please bear with me, if I am a bit confusing sometimes.

You are joking!! I hadn´t notice that yet.  ;D

Anyway, I don´t understand one bit of Asana, must be my Age.  ;D

But I will keep following this topic, it´s an interesting read.

skov

• View Profile
    • vudu.dk
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2012, 07:52:39 PM »
@Love - are you still getting a list of prices from John for the machines on the google docs list at some point?

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2012, 07:54:03 PM »
@Love - are you still getting a list of prices from John for the machines on the google docs list at some point?

Yes, waiting for feedback.

joeks

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Repro
« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2012, 11:45:03 PM »
Love,

When do we know if the cabinets we added to our wishlist in Asana or Google docs are ours to buy?
Can we pay them already to secure the deal or what do you suggest?

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2012, 12:04:20 AM »
Love,

When do we know if the cabinets we added to our wishlist in Asana or Google docs are ours to buy?
Can we pay them already to secure the deal or what do you suggest?

Google Wish list = what we want
Asana Games = what we can get

Assign to the games you want to buy in Asana. If someone else already did, you are too late. But you can ask them in the comment section if they really want it more than you ;-)

I want to wait with buying any cabs til I have feedback from John again. Garys games are secure for a while, no need to pay immediately.

BTW: will you guys please add you forum avatars to the stupid asanana please. Will look nice!

:ghost: :pac: :)

joeks

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Repro
« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2012, 12:31:27 AM »
Ok thanks for clearing it up :)
I can sleep well now.

chubsta

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2012, 09:41:54 AM »

2 --- Let me make deals for you with other sellers and pay me a €50 fee for every game that ends up in the container.

For me that makes life a whole lot easier so i certainly think 50Euros for your efforts in locating a game etc is very reasonable!

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2012, 11:46:32 AM »

For me that makes life a whole lot easier so i certainly think 50Euros for your efforts in locating a game etc is very reasonable!
+1 but, Love, this is gonna turn into a full time job...

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2012, 01:26:01 PM »

+1 but, Love, this is gonna turn into a full time job...

Hmm, maybe I should jack up the price? There must be a budget ceiling... Somewhere... ;-)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 05:59:13 PM by Love »

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2012, 10:23:48 AM »
Update: still waiting for feedback from John. Maybe he's on vacation. A couple of people over there are at the moment.

He's not the only container option anymore btw.  :pac: :pac:

Keep you posted!

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2012, 10:20:33 PM »
Do you guys check the news ticker section on asananana? There is a $250 Kung Fu Master listed there and no one is interested?

I am already talking to th eguy and arranging the sale. If no one of the three persons in the list is interested I need to know! Now!

Please advice!  :ghost: :pac: ???