Author Topic: US container interest check  (Read 40489 times)

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: US container interest check
« Reply #150 on: July 04, 2012, 11:32:08 PM »
yep, please do.

Besides, Ananas is so user unfriendly that it even doesn't work with most mobile browsers, like mobile opera on an android tablet.

So, despite your great effort, ananas sucks.

Yeah it certainly is not wow. Not running on windows phone 7 either...

Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #151 on: July 04, 2012, 11:34:08 PM »
Ananas = pineapple in Dutch and it was a little joke of me...

That system MUST have been created by people who formerly worked on Windows or something.....you need a degree to understand it...I like to spend my free time in other ways.

But I think that is pretty clear now.

About Savannah: I think I would understand how to use her  a lot better than how to use Asanan....jeeezz even the name is hard :P

OK gotta stop here....I personally don't like how you handled this. As so often, I was the first to speak up about the problems we had with Assassin and you try to make us look like dumbasses. I sure don't want to deal with somebody like that.

It's game over for me...

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 04, 2012, 11:58:49 PM »
André, I think that you are jumping to the wrong conclusion here. I'm sure that Love has nothing but good intentions, you can't deny that he is putting a lot of his time in it.
Sure, he will benefit from it when he suceeds with the container, his cabs will be in it afer all, but other forum members will also have a chance to get a nice game.

And about this stupid program Asana, Love chose it because he wants to make it as easy as possible for himself, which I totally understand, and give participants a tool to follow the deal. The idea is good, the chosen tool not.

But I'm sure that the now chosen old-school method of a simple list will be easy to handle for everybody. So let's see how this goes.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 12:14:59 AM by ckong »

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 05, 2012, 01:43:34 AM »
Okay, good to know that I am not the only one who has no clue about how Asana works  :oops:

So I am assigned to the Kungfu Master (which I really really like  ;D ) but does that mean I also now am first in line to buy it? Coz it seems that there are several games wanted by more than one of us while there only is one cab available. How is it decided who gets what?
Hey but I already assigned myself to that cab 2 days ago, check my post #122!
Damn, now I'm confused.

André, I think that you are jumping to the wrong conclusion here. I'm sure that Love has nothing but good intentions, you can't deny that he is putting a lot of his time in it.
+1

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 05, 2012, 05:36:38 AM »
Okay, good to know that I am not the only one who has no clue about how Asana works  :oops:

So I am assigned to the Kungfu Master (which I really really like  ;D ) but does that mean I also now am first in line to buy it? Coz it seems that there are several games wanted by more than one of us while there only is one cab available. How is it decided who gets what?
Hey but I already assigned myself to that cab 2 days ago, check my post #122!
Damn, now I'm confused.

+1

There are two KF Masters. You are assigned to the second one :)
Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 05, 2012, 08:54:25 AM »
Ananas = pineapple in Dutch and it was a little joke of me...

That system MUST have been created by people who formerly worked on Windows or something.....you need a degree to understand it...I like to spend my free time in other ways.

But I think that is pretty clear now.

About Savannah: I think I would understand how to use her  a lot better than how to use Asanan....jeeezz even the name is hard :P

OK gotta stop here....I personally don't like how you handled this. As so often, I was the first to speak up about the problems we had with Assassin and you try to make us look like dumbasses. I sure don't want to deal with somebody like that.

It's game over for me...

Well, this tool is pretty average and has the same core functionality as so many other cloud based collaboration tools. Actually the founder of asananna did co-found Facebook before. As for Microsoft, there is not even Internet Explorer support, only an iPhone app. Sounds not very Microsoft to me.

In guess the lack of basic Microsoft age UI concepts is one of the reasons for the difficulties in adapting to it. Its based on simple text task lists and web 2.0 concepts like tags and following a topic etc.

That doesn't make it a better application though. No mobile IE and Opera support is pretty shocking.

Nevermind :-)

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
ananas ---> trash bin ---> trash truck ---> trash dump
« Reply #156 on: July 05, 2012, 09:35:22 AM »
Let's dump the ananas then. It's a bit sad though, as we just found a good name for it...

Oh well bye bye  :'( :-* :pac:

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 05, 2012, 11:28:33 AM »
Great!  :D So when are you expecting to publish john's prices?

And i hope we'll be able to make a bulk deal because his prices are a bit off, I mean $900,- for a centipede without side art??
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 11:56:25 AM by gyruss »

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 05, 2012, 11:37:46 AM »
Great!  :D So when are you expecting to publish john's prices?

And i hope we'll be able to make a bulk deal because his prices are a bit off, I mean $900,- for a centipede without side art??

http://www.rotheblog.com/2009/11/arcade/photos-new-arcade-game-museum-in-mclean-il/

Where did you see the Centipede and price?

I expect to get the prices and info by the end of the week, can't guarantee this though.

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 05, 2012, 11:51:07 AM »
On his ebay account. Also, he has a ms pac for sale with a 60-1, http://vintagevideogames.com/ price: €1500,-  ???

And as mentioned on the excellent rotheblog, john's well known for his great collection and high prices:

John Yates is a bit of an underground legend in collecting circles. Every couple of years, someone on one of the major forums will announce “I just found this guy in Illinois with a ton of games that is wanting to sell”. Some of us nod, as we already know, and then it comes out that he is looking to get what I would call ‘Christmas time’ prices for the games and everyone forgets all about it.

http://www.rotheblog.com/2009/11/arcade/photos-new-arcade-game-museum-in-mclean-il/

So it seems we deffinitly need a big group discount.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 12:00:34 PM by gyruss »

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 05, 2012, 12:05:39 PM »
Yeah, he told me that he is gonna discount 10-15% on a container.

Aside of that he's okay with buying somewhere else too. Don't know if I already mentioned.  ;) :pac:

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 05, 2012, 12:12:45 PM »
okay, let's wait for his list and take it from there...

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 05, 2012, 02:09:11 PM »

After a price increase of 20%!  ;D ;)

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 05, 2012, 02:13:36 PM »

After a price increase of 20%!  ;D ;)

I guess the increase to be rather 100%  :)

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 05, 2012, 06:01:46 PM »
Some new games for sale:

DK Jr, Popeye, Wizard of Wor, Multi Williams
(this guy is pretty close to Johns place)
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=241460

A couple of projects
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ap6pnZa-YG0fdFREbzBnTmxDalFyWTdzeW1lcTcxLWc#gid=0

If interested in something let me know.  :pac: :pac: