Author Topic: Rad mobile deluxe  (Read 3124 times)

Reboot

• View Profile
Rad mobile deluxe
« on: June 18, 2012, 02:02:22 AM »
 A picture of the cab found on internet

Googled for more info on this cab, but it wasn't very succesfull. So a direct question, maybe someone on this forum has this cab also and more knowledge of it.

The cab moves when initialising but when playing it doesn't. What could cause this? Motor is good else it wouldn't move at all. During a game it moves very slowly bit by bit to the left and stay there. Have to shutdown and start again to get it back in the start position.

Here is a movie i found on youtube of the cab in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N78efnYxhMQ

Here is another one which demonstrate that it must move even in demo mode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHtZLkxWFmg

I'm missing the coinbox by the way  :(
The seller hadn't room for it when he bought it, and because it wasn't working he had thrown it away.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 03:45:37 PM by Reboot »

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
Re: Rad mobile deluxe
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 08:57:14 AM »
Very cool machine. I'm not an expert on this machine, but I will give it a shot. The movement knows three parts. 1 the engine part that makes the actual movement,2  the hardware and software on the motherboard, 3 sensors that decide how the movement should go. The last part I' m not sure about it could be that every move is just software based and not influenced by sensors.

BUT, at startup the testmovement works. So part 1 and 2 are working. That leaves three options, a specificpart of the software is corrupt ( highly unlikely), the movement option has been turned of in the setup, ( check setup and manual), last option most likely... Sensors or sensor wiring is dirty or broken.

Find the sensors by checking out the manual or just following wires, ccheck in the test mode of the software if there is a sensor, button test mode.

Good luck

Reboot

• View Profile
Re: Rad mobile deluxe
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 03:53:33 PM »
Very cool machine. I'm not an expert on this machine, but I will give it a shot. The movement knows three parts. 1 the engine part that makes the actual movement,2  the hardware and software on the motherboard, 3 sensors that decide how the movement should go. The last part I' m not sure about it could be that every move is just software based and not influenced by sensors.

BUT, at startup the testmovement works. So part 1 and 2 are working. That leaves three options, a specificpart of the software is corrupt ( highly unlikely), the movement option has been turned of in the setup, ( check setup and manual), last option most likely... Sensors or sensor wiring is dirty or broken.

Find the sensors by checking out the manual or just following wires, ccheck in the test mode of the software if there is a sensor, button test mode.

Good luck

Thanks Laszo, will check them when i have put the cab together again. At the seller's home we have looked at the sensors already because the signal disappeared sometimes when touching it.