Author Topic: Artwork  (Read 11350 times)

Dexter

• View Profile
Artwork
« on: May 06, 2008, 02:16:58 PM »
Hey all,

A few of you know that I re-create arcade artwork so you guys can have it printed. Well I've been working on some new ones (2 of them below)

What I wanted to say is, if anyone needs anything created or fixed up I am happy to do so as I too know how hard it is to find.

Anyway, here are two pieces I am working on (of a total of 12)

I am  doing Cube Quest for myself as my arcade will have all the marquee's from all the LD games posted on the wall ;D

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
Re: Artwork
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 04:46:24 PM »
Looking great!!

How are you re-creating these?    Are you an artist?   Scanning originals & fixing them?  How are you getting these printed?

amadama

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 05:08:39 PM »
Very cool Dexter! Do you have a good Dragon's Lair marquee file? I have one from localarcade.com but it's not too great.
Also, as always. If you need anything printed out I can do it for you (I do printing on many different materials (paper, vinyl, polypropylene, etc...)
Alex

Dexter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 11:55:44 AM »
I'm NO artist, but I know photoshop and a bit of Illustrator to get me by  :wink:

Some are scans some I've found on the net that needed work others have sent me scans and so on.

I'm not only doing Laser artwork but anything arcade related as I've been looking for YEARS for some artwork and I know how frustrating it can be to find it (and some NOS costs WAY to much)
So I thought I'd re-create some works for others to enjoy like me.

I've printed some and they do look great. I don't charge ANYTHING (other than saying donate to sites that support our addiction)  :lol:

Here's the finished Cube Quest (I'm going to frame most of the laser marquees for the wall)

« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 12:30:55 PM by Dexter »

Dexter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 12:32:37 PM »
Very cool Dexter! Do you have a good Dragon's Lair marquee file? I have one from localarcade.com but it's not too great.
Also, as always. If you need anything printed out I can do it for you (I do printing on many different materials (paper, vinyl, polypropylene, etc...)
Alex

yeah I do have a better version than the one on localarcade. but it's not quite finished yet. But as soon as it's done I'll let you know  ;)

jujusl [FR]

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 01:13:46 PM »
Very nice job and kind idea to give your artworks !

8)

Dexter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 01:17:14 PM »

8)

Thanks, but we are all in this for the same thing, GAMES  ;D

I for one wanted a cabinet built for a favourite game (Pyros/Wardner) but with no artwork I thought I'd never get it. But in the last we weeks I've managed to get some scans (that need a lot of work) but once done I'll make it available for all  :D

What good is a cab without artwork I say  :P

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 07:58:06 PM »

8)

Thanks, but we are all in this for the same thing, GAMES  ;D

YOU ROCK DEXTER  :-* :-* :-* there are so many artworks to make it available to the Arcade community  :-* :-* :-*

Good work  :)

Zorg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 05:16:06 PM »
Congrats on those artworks.

nice to see pepole working on arcade artwork with sharing on mind.  :-*

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 06:36:27 PM »
Hey Zorg... Welcome here my friend  ;)

subzero1970

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Steves Scale Arcade Models
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 11:47:11 PM »
I've worked on a few marquees etc for a program called '3d arcade' I did all the touch ups on 'Bandido' - heres an image:

I cant find the original source files I had, but the marquee and CPO images were a real mess!!!

Dexter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 11:42:51 AM »

nice to see pepole working on arcade artwork with sharing on mind.  :-*

Dude, that's what it's all about  ;D

I have HUNDREDS that I want to restore too

Dexter

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2008, 09:15:29 AM »
Well if anyone has some requests, please let me know as I am going to have a bit of time to do a bit of work soon.

Here is my finished Cobra Command CPO (based on my machine)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2008, 09:44:33 AM »
You're doing an amazing job on this one Dexter, congratulation  :)

More than that, you don't hesitate to share the result of your work, and in addition, you're open for working on other members projects  :-*

Bravo my friend  :-* :-* :-*

Dexter

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 12:24:11 PM »
Bruno,

I myself have been after some sort of artwork over the years (and some for over 10) now that I can do it I don't want others to go through what I did. We all love our collections/hobbies and I don't want someone to pay a fortune for some repro artwork (original perhaps) this is why I want to make the works FREE  ;D

I've finished off my Cobra Command Vectors (seen here: http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll124/Atari_Fan/Cobra%20Command/ )

I am thinking of starting up a website having these printed and offered for sale at realistic prices and superb quality (just like the original) I'm having some artworks printed soon and will post them up here and see what you think, might even bring some with me in November  ;)

Bruno, you still have to get some close ups of your Zaxxon for me to finish off.

I just hope that people appreciate, that's all I want in return  :D