Author Topic: Sending a cab as a Package  (Read 3606 times)

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Sending a cab as a Package
« on: June 20, 2012, 10:49:48 AM »
I have seen on this forum photos from several people who have send cabs wrapped up in plastic on pallets by delivery company's, I assume by DHL or UPS.
I am trying to find out what the cost of sending one cabinet is, and which company I should contact. Anyone here has some tips or experience?

it's for sending a cab in the Netherlands, not abroad or to a foreign country. I am wondering what the total costs are.
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: Sending a cab as a Package
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 11:22:33 AM »
Guess it is just with local freight carriers, not the big postal ones. For the Retro space cabs, we used a lot of services, but It was a painful experience quite often. Insurance that did not work through the small text on the contracts (the people doing the job are not responsible bla bla bla). My experience is: just rent a van and do it yourself. I've been driving a lot of cabs around, and for roughly 100€ you can reach any place in the Benelux including diesel. The services that did work out, were the ones of the production company. They had really good services between their furniture factory, the spray painters and the client. But with 33 cabs, riding myself was no option in that phase. Guess delivery was 700€ or so by Truck (120km) including 100.000€ insurance. The people that have love for the product, also ship with love :).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:28:14 AM by Blanka »

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 11:25:28 AM »
yeah stop being a lazy bastard and pick it up yourself!  ;D ;)

btw, if you use dascher it should be around €100,- incl. taxes.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:33:52 AM by gyruss »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 11:32:51 AM »
700 is insane for a domestic delivery. My LL was moved from the north of England to me for 190 Euro.

Still for 700 I will do it for you :) Or even 500
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:34:57 AM by Level42 »

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 02:13:18 PM »
yeah stop being a lazy bastard and pick it up yourself!  ;D ;)

btw, if you use dascher it should be around €100,- incl. taxes.
yes for my Out Run from Germany to Belgium it was something between 160 and 200€, cheaper than doing it myself.

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 02:37:11 PM »
it's not lazyness, it's just about the costs

I mailed and phoned around some bit, but all the large professional firms, were too expensive and too much of an hassle

Gyruss tip about Dascher was quite good, but you have to pack your cabinet on a pallet. Otherwise they wont transport it. Then someone advised me to look around on Marktplaats, and there I found a pretty cheap (cheaper than renting a van in this case) called HubHub. A company specialized in transporting large objects bought at online and offline auctions.

so far so good, they communicate pretty fast and clearly, but we have to wait and see if they transport in a decent matter.
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 02:53:50 PM »
If only we had an official "Martin The Deliveryman" over here  ::)