Author Topic: Visit to Funspot Laconia (picture heavy)  (Read 32788 times)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Visit to Funspot Laconia (picture heavy)
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 05:39:45 AM »
...... Did you look if my hi score is still on the Gravitar ......

Uh, yes, I checked today, but I don´t think so, there is a certain Dre at #1  ;) :D :lol:

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 07:09:01 AM »
WOW! Just WOW! If you are still there and have the chance PLEASE take a close up pic of the WHeels II bezel. I am desperately looking for that one. Mine is missing and it's essential for the game. A guy on klov made pics for me but they were way to bad to even try to vector them. Might be to late ... I have to check this forum more often ;) lesson learned.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 10:10:30 AM »
...... Did you look if my hi score is still on the Gravitar ......

Uh, yes, I checked today, but I don´t think so, there is a certain Dre at #1  ;) :D :lol:

Yeessssssssssssssssss :):)

Wonder if it will be gone after the tournament....

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 02:06:03 PM »
WOW! Just WOW! If you are still there and have the chance PLEASE take a close up pic of the WHeels II bezel. I am desperately looking for that one. Mine is missing and it's essential for the game. A guy on klov made pics for me but they were way to bad to even try to vector them. Might be to late ... I have to check this forum more often ;) lesson learned.

Well, yesterday I took a photo of EACH AND EVERY SINGLE CAB on the floor, and WHeels 2 should be in it. Not a real closeup of the bezel though, but of the whole cab. I will check it later.

If anyone is interested, I could post a picture of some more particular games, or al of them when I find the time.

@André, Gravitar is not in the tournament this year, so I suppose that your High Score will be save for at least another year.  :-)

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 02:20:48 PM »
Cool. I'm excited!! :)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 02:55:18 PM »
@André, Gravitar is not in the tournament this year, so I suppose that your High Score will be save for at least another year.  :-)
I hope so, but even though it's not in the tournament, there will be a lot of good players around and I do think they can/will play other machines as well.....

O well, we'll see....

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 03:03:39 PM »
Ofcourse all pictures  ;D

But for now a good shot of the PONG will do for me ;)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 04:55:39 PM »
Guys, we decided to stay another few days, there is so much to see and do here in NH besides Funspot. So I will be at least one tournament day at Funspot, probably in the evening. And yes, I will take some good shots of Wheels 2 and Pong. See you later.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 05:54:04 PM »
You lucky SOAB !!! Glad you discovered it is a great holiday area too :) :)

I guess Mrs.CKONG has discovered the beach and the outlet stores ?? ;););)

I feel homesick when reading about your story, which is a bit weird right, but I feel completely comfortable there and I'd love to be there again !!! Indeed it is not just Funspot...

My tip is the White Mountains, drive up Mount Washington if you dare :):)

You pictured each and every cab ?? That is a huge task ! Say hi from us to Gary should you see him again ! And take pictures of every famous hi score player ;);););)

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 06:22:13 PM »
Wow, this is true arcade spirit!! Asking a guy a question on the other side of the world if he can check this, and take a picture of that... Etc... Erik, you rock! - thos forum rocks!!! :spaceace:

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 07:56:28 PM »
No words Erik :o

Amazing report !!! Thanks !!!   :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2012, 11:00:43 PM »
thanks erik, a total straight shot of the Control panel would be awesome  ;)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 01:45:05 AM »
thanks erik, a total straight shot of the Control panel would be awesome  ;)

Will do, more than one. And taking a photo of each game took me an hour. Fortunately I had the whole floor alost for myself, there were maybe 10 people playing games, so I could 'work' pretty fast. I also captured the pinballs and made some extra overview photos. Oh, and I bumped into Gary again and had another little chat. Photo's will follow.

André is right, New Hampsbire is a great place to spend a holiday, we already did a trail walk in the White mountains and because tomorrow the weather will be even better, we will drive all the way up to mount Washington. One downpoint about that is that the landlady told my wife that there are also a lot outlet malls in that area. Bummer  :-(   ;-)  :-)

And today we went to Vermont and saw how maple sirop is being made.
In the evenings I get to visif Funspot, even the two coming tournament nights. I hope to see some well known players.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 01:50:06 AM by ckong »

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2012, 04:15:43 AM »
Here are some more pictures that I made yesterday evening when it was very quiet, including one of Pong and Wheels 2 (will make some detailed pictures of these two tomorrow) and the pinballs that are on the floor. You will see a dude starring in some pictures, just ignore him.  ;D

If there is any other special request for a certain cab, let me know and I will see what I can do. I will visit FS at least two more times.  :P :P :P  :lol:

By the way, I posted a few photo´s at Nozomi of the more modern games and ticket games present at Funspot: http://www.nozomi.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3995&p=45174#p45174

« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 05:36:55 AM by ckong »

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2012, 04:39:05 AM »
And finally, for the moment anyway, a link to the album with a picture of each and every game that is shining in the classic arcade department of Funspot, May 2012.

There are 280 of them, which means that together with the 20 that are hold back for the tournament, Gary and his fantastic team have at least 300 unique classic games up and running!!!!!!  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:  CHAPEAU

Not to mention all the games that are stored in the back, or in repair etc. This is really awesome.

So, check out these stars from the past
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 05:32:12 AM by ckong »