Author Topic: Attack Of The Zolgear ... in action  (Read 11846 times)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Attack Of The Zolgear ... in action
« on: November 14, 2007, 10:59:22 PM »
...well, it still not my G3 in action, but have a look at this you tube video  :arrow:

Forward to 02:20 on that video, and enjoy for few seconds the 'Attack Of The Zolgear' attract mode  :pac: :pac: :pac:

What a monster isn't it ???   8) :-* :roll: ;D

...there are few words about me on this vid' by the way  :roll: :wink:  :-*

~Enjoy~
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 06:10:10 PM by DarthNuno »

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
Re: Attack Of The Zolgear ... in action
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 07:41:07 PM »
...and more pictures of it, thanks to Nick from www.PressStartComic.com for sending me theses new images ;)  :arrow:

Note that grey color... it seems to be the color used for US Theater... mine is yellow...

...the "marquee"  ;D...

...inside the room !

...the seats are different too...

Amazing... the game looks so 'small' on that picture  ::) :P

If some of you go to this Arcade Room : Funworld in Nashua New Hampshire (it's about an hour south of Funspot)  :arrow: Try it ... and take a lot of pictures please  ::) ;D

wanou

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 02:02:23 PM »
G3 is a very great game  :wink:

Can you rebuild your G3 in the next futur to new game room ?

Good pictures thanks to Nick

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 05:19:00 PM »

Can you rebuild your G3 in the next futur to new game room ?

Yeps Wanou  :P The G3 Theater should be UP & Running in 200X, in the Nuno's Lair V3  :roll: :wink:

TheViking

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 06:14:51 PM »
Okay, I guess I'll make my first post here, since I signed up for the forums after reading about this game here. I also read about DarthNuno's restoration of Galaxian3 and in the process I learned how rare this game is. I just went to Funworld on Tuesday night for my Beatmania III fix. I played Galaxian3 for the first time ever. I've been to Funworld a thousand times before but never played G3. It wasn't the best experience. I Sat in the Gunner 2 spot since most of the coin slots had tape over them. The only sound that could be heard was from the tiny speakers next to the gun. The right half of the projector screen barely worked, I guess the right projector is on its last legs. None of the background on the right side showed up, and you could just make out the enemy coming towards you. The gun did shake when it took damage, and at times either the seat, or the floor would shake a little. It's a real bummer that the game isn't taken care of.

I guess if you ever want pictures I can go up there again since I go to Nashua at least once a month. Just tell me what you want pictures of and I'll get them for you.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 07:21:20 PM »
Many thanks for your report about the actual status of the Funwolrd's Galaxian Theater  :)
Seems that theater has a lot of troubles. No background on one side means a laser disc player dead  :-[

Opss... Not the best Galaxian Theater experience like that, I agree   :-\ But anyway, it's fun to see you finally give a try and report that here  :P
Beatmania addict ? Did you try the best Bemani game : DrumMania  ::) :P   :pac: :ghost: :ghost:

Ok, next time you've to there, please take a picture of you, just in front of the Galaxian Theater please  ;) And as many other pictures as possible  8) Can you also ask to the operator some funny stories about the Theater please ? Since how many years the game is there, and things like that ?  ::) :P

Many thanks for your post  :)

TheViking

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 04:13:52 AM »
From what I've been told the Drummania game at Funworld is crap, so I never play it there. I have an arcade that's closer to me (Tokyo Game Action) where it's $25 to play unlimited games all day where they have a Drummania/Guitar Freaks V4 in really good condition (I can play up to 40), a Drummania 5th mix, along with Beatmania IIDX DistorteD (soon to be DJ Troopers) and DDR SuperNova 2 (as of last Friday). There's a lot more Bemani games than that. We have the biggest Bemani arcade in the US.

My favorite game is IIDX. I play mostly 14-key.

I will ask questions and take many pictures of Galaxian3 when I go up there next.