Author Topic: Logi Tec Space Invader (salvation)  (Read 42184 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Logi Tec Space Invader (salvation)
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2012, 11:22:13 PM »
Mmmm, I'm actually not sure if the 1084 has a composite video input. Maybe, maybe not. A Commodore 1702 will definitely work, but really any TV with a set of (front) inputs with a yellow, red and white RCA connector should work.

Laschek

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2012, 10:13:46 AM »
Is it really a composite signal? A black and white signal is just video signal, no sync etc. needed.
Usually I test b/w boards on my 1084 Monitor (via a MAK with a jamma connector) by connecting the video out signal of the PCB to R, G, B, & Sync on a Jamma fingerboard simultaneously, this gets you a black and white picture.
Of course connecting to just one of the colors would also be ok for testing purposes, but I prefer to look at b/w picture instead a red, green, or blue one  ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2012, 10:23:20 AM »
Is it really a composite signal? A black and white signal is just video signal, no sync etc. needed.

I didn't say the PCB outputs a composite video signal, I said he could hook it up to anything with a composite video INPUT :)

Your solution works too of course but it's a bit more work.

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2012, 09:27:47 AM »
Hi Guy's.... and girls??

Little update on the SI project. Did not have much time, but got some work done. Cleaned the inside of the cabinet en spraypainted a fresh layer of semi gloss black on the inside. Also painted the inside bottom plate white. Originally it was bare wood but it was so dirty from mice pee and the oil I used to get the bolts moving that I decided that it looked better painted.

Still some work to do.

- fix loose wires and groundstrap from the CRT.
- test CRT and chassis
- fix PCB
- clean button's
- restore landscape decall
- restore light fixture
- build everything back in
- repair, renew bottom plate
- make new backdoor
- build it together again  :P

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2012, 09:32:23 AM »
Fixed broken wires and CRT grond strap.

QUESTION, One of the springs for the ground wire was missing so I used new springs to fix the ground. New ones are not so strong and little bit bigger in diameter. Is this ok? See picture.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2012, 10:30:11 AM »
As long as it makes good contact with the aquadag.

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2012, 11:15:51 PM »
Did not have much time lately to but at last some results. Made a new backdoor.... Needed that before I start working on the CRT (got 3 little boy's at home who love to help dad even when dad is not around  :o) And tonight I did some more woodwork, the bottom side of the cabinet was really rotten so I replace the wood panels. I must say that I'm happy with the result. Next step primer and black paint.

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2012, 12:43:10 AM »
Hi Guys,

After a nice holidays in beautifull Italie and Swiss it is back to work and back to my night job..... SI :wink:. Just before the holidays I finished the cleaning and derusting of most of the parts. The last being the fluorisent light fixings.

So it was time to reassemble the machine and to get it working. The first step was to see if the tube and CRT where ok. Last night I tried to make a setup outside the cabinet to have better control while firing up the tube. It did not work out because the cabling was not long enough. My workbench included beercrades to stable the whole setup. Then suddenly I realized that it would be really sad if I would break the tube or get electrocuted.... I allready invested a lot of time in this salavation  :-\

So I decided to put the tube and chassis and the rest into the cabinet. I hooked up the portable dvd player and wired it to the video input of the chassis. Fingers crossed and I plugged it in. ......... No flash, no fire, no explosion just a soft hum and neck glow. I quickly went to the front and looky looky Barbapa in  black and white was on the tv  :D So that was great the monitor was working.

Tonight I build the pcb, harness and power supply back in. Fired up the machine and.......... :evil: No invasion today. Well I was not complete disappointed because there is a picture.... black and white vertical lines and there is a constant sound like whee,whee, whee, whee really fast.

So now I could really use some HELP. Who has any idea what is wrong and where I should start analyzing? I have a picture of the monitor right here in this posting.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2012, 08:30:50 AM »
Booooohhhh, we want to see Barbapapa,Barbamama,Barbabob,Barbabientje,Barbabelle,Barbaborre,Barbabenno,Barbabee en Barbalalaaaaaaaaaa....  ;D ;D

I know nothing about SI hardware...of course there are the obvious basic things like power supplies, connectors and EPROM sockets.

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2012, 11:08:57 PM »
I came this far so I won't quit ;D I need to tackle the pcb problem....

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2012, 11:16:42 PM »
Yes you did awesome work so far, would be a shame to end it here....

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2012, 07:59:56 AM »
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know a good source to buy a white blacklight tube for my space invader?

Thanks

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2012, 08:16:02 AM »
I'll post the reference of the one in my Taito tomorrow.
You sometimes can find these neons in shops where they sell reptiles or other exotic weird animals.

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2012, 09:21:39 PM »
Days are becoming longer and longer don't you think? ::) :oops:
Anyway here's what's inside my Taito SI behind the moon:

…and for the record this is the reply from Giddygoon who also owns one
mine is a regular neon, which is 17watt neon tube... I think the black light is for both American versions midway versions...

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2012, 09:38:42 PM »
AAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGHHHH, I thought we were passed this but here is another case for.......

The Neon Police !!!!

(Man, we walked past this Police Station in NYC last year and incredibly I forgot to take a picture there !.....)

One last time buddy, NEON =/ fluorescent tubes !!!