Author Topic: :: Workshop :: Pleiads  (Read 99891 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: :: Workshop :: Pleiads
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2012, 10:40:17 PM »
That's a beautiful looking cabinet, love the side art!

agreed, but i'd fix those broken corners ... 8)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2012, 10:26:39 AM »
That would require disassembling the entire cab....and all the artwork is near mint on it.....I can understand why Bruno leaves it, it's on the backside too.

I hate corner damage. You can only fix it by doing the entire side which often means repro side art which is expensive and a waste if the rest of the sides are still perfect or near perfect....

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2012, 12:22:09 PM »
That would require disassembling the entire cab....and all the artwork is near mint on it.....I can understand why Bruno leaves it, it's on the backside too.

no, just put the cabinet on its sides and bondo it. fresh layer of paint on top of it - done! of course noone will ever see that once the game is "installed" in the gameroom, but who's going to notice rusted screws which have been replaced by shiny fresh ones?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2012, 10:30:04 AM »
Yeps, fixing the broken corners would be the final fix to be done, but it's so annoying than that push the job very far in my 'to do' priority jobs list  :P
The good news is ... I still have the sample color bottle provided by Ully that should match the blue of my cabinet, so I should easily do the fix when the time will come... 8)