Author Topic: GT-6 in France... any memories ?  (Read 6496 times)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
GT-6 in France... any memories ?
« on: June 01, 2008, 04:56:09 PM »
I already mention it in the G GT-6 roadtrip but I think it's better to isolate that G segment from that French documentary video.

So there it is :

According the comments on that video, only two GT-6 were located in France : one in Paris and the other one in Lyon.

I wonder what happen to them ? Any French guys around who can have some informations ?  :-*

caincan

• View Profile
Re: GT-6 in France... any memories ?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 05:30:33 PM »
that reminds me that one friend talked about the Lyon one.   you should contact "guillaume" owner of  http://www.gamespirit69.com shop,      he worked for a while on the 2 floor arcade at Lyon.  perhaps has he memories of it and pictures ?!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 09:53:04 PM »
Thanks for the info  :) I'll drop him a mail  8)

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 12:14:23 PM »
I think that my memory may be failing, if the Galaxian3 in Paris is the one in the movie there, it was the full 6-player. I thought they had modified it to only 4-players... I guess I was misstaken.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 10:34:51 PM »
Well, unfortunately I still don't know if that video was taken in Paris or Lyon.

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 11:08:44 PM »
I understand. Well, I can't make out the location either from that film alone. I can tell you that the place was a permanent arcade, but not very large, and I think they also had the SEGA Pod Racers there. Or, they could have been in another arcade. I remember we were in at least three arcades; two were permanent locations, and the third was a arcade-tent at a park close to the Tuellerie.. something. I remember I played Crazy Taxi there for the first time in my life and I didn't want to leave.

Anyway, the Galaxian3 was so worn down and remember inspecting the laser-guns, they were not well at all. However, it was still a very exciting experience, especially the first few moments seeing the theatre with the guns inside and the lasers on the screen .. I just went: "Galaxian 3 ... aaahh! And it .. yes... it works!?" - nevertheless no background video was displayed, which just crushed my heart.