Author Topic: Pinges Playchoice-10 cabinet and games.  (Read 7627 times)

Pinge

• View Profile
Pinges Playchoice-10 cabinet and games.
« on: January 21, 2017, 12:27:32 AM »
I could not find any generic Pc10 thread here on DLF so I start this to see if we have any other enthusiast.

I have one cabinet that I got a few years ago from a swedish site that works like the yankees Craigslist I suppose.
He asked for about 1000€ for it, he was not at all into games and I had barely heard of the system before and thought they did not exist in Sweden at all. Now I know of no less than three cabinets.
Or four, depends on how you count them, I got another one about 1,5 year back, but that one were surprisingly a converted Punch-Out, I am ofcourse as happy with that.

Both of theese were operating in Sweden back in the days, the one I show in this thread was from a restaurant in a town called Vänersborg before the guy I got it from saved it from that place.

It had been working fine all the time i have had it, and I have bought some games for it, it came with 10 games, here is the original listing

And the games that came with it, noticeable is that there is mostly older games, Rush N Attack is the latest of them I think... the ones you cant see the title of is Rush N Attack and The Goonies.
The goonies is nice since it was never released for the NES (only famicom).

Enough with the ranting, here is some pictures I took eralier tonight, I for once even played a bit after i got it working. For some reason I could only get one motherboard to respond to all the inputs, one is not responding to the START button and one is only responding to the RESET button... very wierd, but as long as one is running im fine for the moment.

My Precious

The Instruction in Swedish taped on by the operator, I will keep this as part of the history.

Left side (Right side looks quite the same so I spare you guys that picture)

All original control panel in descent shape

The "zapper"

Not to many people put their hard earned money in this game, previous owner did only play with coins so I think this cabinet was a bad deal for the operator.

6585, Made in the USA, my Punchout is made in Japan

Backdoor intact with adjustment instructions

The two Sharp XM-2001N are nice and clean, manufactured in 1984

POWER!

The Cage holding the goodies

Coindoor, speakers & controlpanel looks nice and clean!
For those of you not into playchoice, each speaker is adjusted with is own AMP integrated in one chassie each... what were they thinking?

Some of my games, think more or less all of them are in the pictures

Motherboards, "funny" is that they all work except the inputs on two of them... wierd issue I have to figure out in the future, would be nice to have all three populated for easy swapping on game nights.

And yes, I did play it for 20 minutes  :lol:

Sorry for the quite large images, I tried to make thumbnails from the google photos link, it was a no go, and I cant get spoilers to work on the forum either, please LMK if there is a way to go around this.
- Always looking for Playchoice & Mega-Tech -

Andreas_AUT

• hello world
    • View Profile
Re: Pinges Playchoice-10 cabinet and games.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 08:54:08 AM »
Great article and you really have 3 playchoice boards  :o
Who wouldnt like to have that cab with games at home!!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 10:08:02 AM »
nice, like those gameboards in the drawer. and the cab itself seems to be in pretty good condition, definitely a great addition to any gameroom
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 10:15:11 AM »
Cool cab :spaceace:

Seems to be a pretty big collection of games you have there and I love the fresh monitors in it

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
    • http://slowcade.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 11:31:49 AM »
Nice! The condition is very good, and I especially like the swedish typewriter instructions..
"Observe! 2 x 5 kr gives you more than double play time"  :D (does it really?)
Is this cabinet in your new gameroom now?

Pinge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 12:03:48 PM »
I have to try if you get more than double time. Coinmechs are working  :lol:

It is in the old gameroom that Im turning in to a "workshop/storage". Hopefully Kralleman and Rogerxy will help me take it to the basement next weekend  ;D

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 06:14:17 PM »
Great topic, like Ully pointed out, really nice drawer with games!
I too have a PC10 like you have, and it´s among those games that get the most play when there´s people in the shed. I have a converted card wicth have the original NES TETRIS on it, that, Gradius, Balloon Fight and Hogans Ally/Duck Hunt is most played!

Pinge

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 07:19:58 PM »
I love tetris, I might get a nes converter but dont really know... i like it as original as possible, beofre I had mario Bros original i played mario bros roms on my duck hunt cart.
I have Kung Fu and Ice hockey roms to put on cards aswell... might have one motherboard loaded with the best games for two player.

I got Atari tetri pcb a few days ago, so I will have tetris in the basement ofcourse...

Pinge

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 10:41:59 PM »
So the Playchoice is going to the basement this week, some small fixes to do to it,

I took the monitors out to make it easier to carry, carried this up a stair when I first got it, it almost killed both me and my friend.. heavy son of a bitch.

Nothing to be afraid of, just leaning it a bit against the wall in the "workshop" that needs to be fixed, inspection of the socket and wheels, and as I expected the backboard of the socket (where the wheels are attached) is a bit loose, will fix that when i have the possibility to lay the cabinet down.

glstar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 08:41:54 PM »
Just a wonderful cab.
It would be great near a Sega Megatech.....
:)

kralleman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 12:40:20 AM »
It is indeed an impressive collection of PC-10 games! Thanks for pulling out the monitors :)

Pinge

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 01:11:59 AM »
glstar: I dont know if I want my megatech next to it though... I like Nintendo and Sega separated  :lol:
Only have one Sega cabinet anyways... It might not even go to the gameroom, I find no really joy in playing it...

Kralleman: No worries, should I take out the monitor from missile Command and Rampart before we have to take them down two set of stairs??  ;D