Author Topic: For Sale: Atari Star Wars Cockpit - Amplifone 25"  (Read 2592 times)

kdoe

• View Profile
For Sale: Atari Star Wars Cockpit - Amplifone 25"
« on: October 23, 2012, 03:25:11 AM »
Atari Star Wars Cockpit (US spec cab) with Amplifone 25" monitor, new flyback.

2100 UK pounds SOLD (pending payment and collection)

videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w-jkfXXyiE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op5Ghm3NOGQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0FPUrXt1Y4

##PHOTOS##

http://s1294.photobucket.com/albums/b608/ksarcade/

I can't see any screen burn on the tube, if I'm being picky it might have a very small dot in the centre though the only way you might see it is on the 'raster' screen in test mode.

##HV PCB##

new flyback/LOPT

extensively rebuilt, all new electrolytics on HV board which are uprated as per the Amplifone FAQ

new voltage regs

new 'helper' power resistors across the regs.

New timer IC

new diodes including HV diode.

in fact I think all the silicone parts have been replaced.

##Deflection PCB##

two new uprated deflection transistors

The cab originally came to me with a very sick WG monitor but I sourced the Amplifone tube and parts from an operator years back who had taken the unit out of operation around 1995 due to a dead red flyback and had subsequently kept it on a shelf.

High Voltage and trip correctly set with a probe as per original service manual instructions.

##Audio Regulator II##

New 2N3055 transistor, voltage correctly adjusted at the board after cleaning the pot and  edge connectors and a warm up.

##Logic boards##
I have repaired the logic boards which had multiple issues on AVG and main boards, all self tests pass, soak tested and play tested.

##Cosmetics##

The left hand outer controller cover was new (as of 1996/7) from Suzo who were still selling them when I got the cab. Apart from hoovering the dust out and wiping it down with a damp cloth I have not tried to touch up the cab up at this stage. This came off Eastbourne pier and has been in (my) private hands since 1996/7, the cab is in good condition (but not mint) no wear or hand marks from where people get in/out of the cabinet. There are a couple of knocks and scrapes from shipping the cab originally, some light graffiti in one place, some light fading to the orange on the top of darth vaders head on one side only and what looks like some paint on the rear canopy  (paint now removed see photos). I haven't tried to chemically remove or touch up any of these items and I have photographed the relevant points and stuck the pictures on photobucket.

This has been in storage unused since I would guess about 2000 in a garage with background heating, the electronics have been stored in the house. The yoke controller has a ROTJ centre decal, this never worried me enough to change it though repros are available.

Comes with Cockpit operators manual, creased/dirty back door card, some original unused Atari price of  play stickers and a star tech journal self reply envelope that were all with the game originally.

Bearing in mind the amount of time I have spent on the electronic aspects of this game I am asking 2100 UK pounds SOLD (pending payment and collection)

Game is located in Dorking, Surrey, UK, viewing is possible.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 04:02:48 PM by kdoe »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: For Sale: Atari Star Wars Cockpit - Amplifone 25"
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 07:30:16 AM »
I have a US yoke cover for sale should anyone be interested :)

kdoe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 10:41:00 AM »
price drop

cebulba

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 10:44:27 AM »
Nice one  - and my final wanted game.

Unfortunately I cannot afford it this time but before I turn 40 - this one will be part of my gameroom :-)

kdoe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 10:32:54 AM »
 Paint now removed see photos..