Author Topic: [EBAY] Dragon's Lair original colored art for lunchbox gone for $600...  (Read 8071 times)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle

All the pictures :

I really hope the winner is a big Dragon's Lair fan  ;) Maybe one of you  ::) :P

brian

• View Profile
Re: [EBAY] Dragon's Lair original colored art for lunchbox gone for $600...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 02:45:13 AM »
Looks like the guy who won was a lunch box collector. At least one of his purchases was a pacman lunchbox, hopefully he really is a DL fan. I never saw it during the auction. I couldn't have afforded it anyway. I hope he enjoys it as much as we would have.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: [EBAY] Dragon's Lair original colored art for lunchbox gone for $600...
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 06:11:00 PM »
... I couldn't have afforded it anyway...

Me too  :'(

Ops, I see I didn't put the ebay description  :P

Here it is :

Up for bid is the original colored artwork for the side band of the 1983 Walt Disneys  DRAGONS LAIR lunchbox  from Aladdin Industries.  This is one of the nicest pieces of artwork I have ever had for sale. It is bright, colorful very detailed and absolutely beautiful. If you don't bid on anything else I ever put on ebay again - bid on this. The pictures do not do it justice, especially the bright oranges and the blues in the water. It is done on heavy duty illustration board, and  measures 10.5x45.5.  This is the original handpainted artwork that went to Disney for approval before the lunchbox was produced. It is dated 12-19-83. There is a spot on the right, where it looks like the illustration board was bent. You can barely see it from the front - but you can see it from the back, so I included a photo of this. This is a very rare collectible and a one of kind piece of artwork.