Author Topic: South Coast Slam, Worthing, UK  (Read 27848 times)

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: South Coast Slam, Worthing, UK
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2012, 07:16:24 PM »
Dk JR? Or is that too easy?

Anyway, looking forward to the event, you guys got a killer list of games!  :spaceace: :spaceace:

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2012, 10:11:17 PM »
Only two more days!!  :D  And then we are off for another great weekend of fun, and beer, and games, and more fun, and little sleep, and more beer.  ;D ;D

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2012, 01:53:15 PM »
See you guys soon!!

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2012, 02:19:46 PM »
I hope it´s going to be a success! take lots of pics please!!
Can´t join cos i´m on holiday...  :-\

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2012, 11:42:02 PM »
So, I just came back from a great arcade weekend at the Southcoast Slam overseas. André, Pieter and I went together.

It was fun and great to meet some friends. and we got to play a lot of pinball games. I really mean a lot, personally I didn't see that many pinballs in one room before.

but the real attraction for us was of course the video games. And they were there also, not as many as there were pinballs, and also not all games that were liste upfront, were present, but there were enough games to choose from.

Saturday was a day with a lot of visitors, we were there at 10 AM and there were already a lot of people playing games, but later in the afternoon it got really crowded, cosy though. And because most of the visitors were pinball players, we always had the possibility to play 'our' video games.

And my two favourites, Gyruss and Tempest, got a lot of playtime (although Tempest died somewhere in the afternoon and never resurrected  :'( ). It was the first time that I played those games in their original cab, and boy what a difference that is compared to Mame, Tempest got promoted to the no. 1 spot on my most wanted games list.  :D Another game that I enjoyed very much was Juno First, great game. André occupied Gravitar almost the entire event.  ;D

A few other video games weren't working also, mostly for technical reasons, like the Star wars cockpit. You understand that that was a bit of a disappointment.  :-\ But still, the whole experience was great. Here are a few photo's, mostly made Sunday before opening hours.

In the evening we ate at a 'Chinese' wok and buffet restaurant, together with olly, Archer Maclean and some other guys. Rav was also supposed to join us, but we lost him somehow on the way. Fortunaley later that evening we saw him at the veneu again.

We slept in a kind of 'Victorian' hotel, which according to us never changed or modernized since that period.  :) But hey, it was clean cheap.

One thing I will never understand though, how the hell are those English able to keep that ***** British breakfast inside?? I have no clue and I sure will never try. Fortunately there was also toast.  :)

This morning we went back to the slam for some more gaming, but at 1 PM we decided that we had seen it all and that it was time to go, After all, we still had a pretty long travel ahead of us. And another great gaming weekend is over.

Oh, almost forget, it was not only that I played one of the greatest video games ever made, Tempest, I also met with the most terrible game, in the most awful cabinet:

Others may like it, but the game is unplayable and looks like crap.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 12:10:15 AM by ckong »

Ravage

• View Profile
    • Retrokade
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2012, 12:43:53 AM »
Ckong - Im loving your story from your end - as ever I am SO sorry I could not spend more time with you guys - Saturday was all about fixing anything and everything and I'm trying to forget it already to be honest - today has been good - I've played every new vid or pin to me (first time Ive played a real gravitar in a real cabinet alough I owned one for 6 years!)

But the best bit of your story is this:
Oh, almost forget, it was not only that I played one of the greatest video games ever made, Tempest, I also met with the most terrible game, in the most awful cabinet [Exterminator] Others may like it, but the game is unplayable and looks like crap.

LEGENDARY comment my friend! See you in September!

Ravmeista!

DanP

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2012, 04:38:02 PM »
Great pix Erik.   Was really great to meet you guys, glad you liked the games.   I must confess I *did* have a full English breakfast on the Saturday morning and it kept me going throughout the day  ;D

Cheers,

Dan

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2012, 05:27:10 PM »
MASSIVE THANKS TO ALL DLF MEMBERS THAT MADE IT!

An absolutely MASSIVE thanks to Andre, Level42, for bringing the Sega Bomber to the 'Slam!! You rock!!

:spaceace:  :spaceace:  :spaceace:  :spaceace:  :spaceace:  :spaceace:  :spaceace:  :spaceace:

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2012, 05:47:47 PM »
Thanks for the report  - awesome pics and cabs !!!  :-* :-* :spaceace:
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2012, 05:56:12 PM »
great pictures and a nice report, thx a lot, erik! i can see that the sega bomber was working - can you tell us a little bit more about the game?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2012, 06:06:56 PM »
Nice weekend, thanks for the report Erik! ;)

D-Type

• View Profile

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2012, 07:21:58 PM »
Great report Erik, thanks  :)

Hey, where is the Starblade?

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2012, 08:16:06 PM »
Thanks for the cool report, Erik.
You made me want to try exterminator, I already heard it was a weird game but never got the "chance" to play it. ;D

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2012, 08:19:18 PM »
Looks like you guy's had a great weekend !

Thanks for the report Erik!