Author Topic: >>> EUROCADE 2012 <<< 1 september 2012, Ridderkerk, The Netherlands  (Read 267930 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: >>> EUROCADE 2012 <<< 1 september 2012, Ridderkerk, The Netherlands
« Reply #285 on: August 23, 2012, 07:51:01 PM »
Yes if people can bring some strips that would be great but PLEASE mark them with your names.

There are some hasps and strips at the location too. And I don't think we need to power the "long cabinet" in the hall this year as no wall-machines etc. will be there (AFAIK).

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 23, 2012, 08:23:34 PM »
just got of the phone with my customer/supplier and it seems there is another strip of 12 outlets waiting  for me  8)

not guarantied though...

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 23, 2012, 09:19:00 PM »
Galaga is still running great (tested yesterday) and will most definitely be there.

Hope to tell you more about the outrun after this weekend..

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 23, 2012, 09:44:56 PM »
Great news about the Galaga!
No need for the Galaxian, then.
Could somebody let André know, please?
<insert drum roll here>

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 23, 2012, 10:31:11 PM »
Since my effords to fix the Video Pinball in time for Eurocade will be fruitless again, I will bring Amidar (besides the fabolous ICB of course) instead, if that is ok with you.  :-[

Other alternatives would be After Burner II, Hang On or Cosmic Alien. I think Amidar is still the best choice because it's a really great game!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #290 on: August 23, 2012, 10:45:53 PM »
 :spaceace:
just got of the phone with my customer/supplier and it seems there is another strip of 12 outlets waiting  for me  8)

not guarantied though...

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #291 on: August 23, 2012, 10:46:42 PM »
Galaga is still running great (tested yesterday) and will most definitely be there.

Hope to tell you more about the outrun after this weekend..
Ah so those are yours too, how could I forget !!  :oops:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #292 on: August 23, 2012, 10:47:28 PM »
Since my effords to fix the Video Pinball in time for Eurocade will be fruitless again, I will bring Amidar (besides the fabolous ICB of course) instead, if that is ok with you.  :-[

Other alternatives would be After Burner II, Hang On or Cosmic Alien. I think Amidar is still the best choice because it's a really great game!

Too bad, but Amidar is a brilliant underrated game and most welcome !!!

Updated the list. So.....who is bringing the wonderful Omega Race again ??
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 10:50:58 PM by Level42 »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #293 on: August 23, 2012, 11:45:49 PM »
Omega Race is from Liquidx...found it back in a pretty old PM ;)

Hope you can make it Liquid ? please fill out the form so I got your details, thanks !

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 24, 2012, 07:47:45 AM »

I agree 100%  Amidar is a great game (and i have fond memories of it so that helps alot too ofcourse!)

liquidx

• Bruxhell, Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 24, 2012, 10:11:14 AM »
Omega Race is from Liquidx...found it back in a pretty old PM ;)

Hope you can make it Liquid ? please fill out the form so I got your details, thanks !

I'll know Tuesday. Work-related, may have to sit behind a computer all weekend.

findapinball.com - The European pinball locator

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #296 on: August 24, 2012, 09:20:42 PM »
OK hope you can make it !!

Guys, next week we will have done already the most of the transformation from a rehearsel room to an "arcade" at the Eurocade location.

I will be sending out the e-mails with all required info to the people who registered this weekend.

I wanted to state that the preparations for Eurocade 2012 have been one amazing roller-coaster ride....

When I asked the guys of the Eurocade crew for EC2011 little did I know what a brilliant team they would make together.
A great team has different kind of people, with different talents but one common goal.

You would not believe the amount of e-mails I have seen going in and out my mailbox for so many things to arrange. It was almost like spam sometimes :) I also wondered at one point how we would have organized this _without_ e-mail.
You won't believe how much time is needed in the preparations.

Anyway, I want to thank Robin, Erik, Etienne, Pieter and Chris for their time, dedication, enthusiasm and passion to make Eurocade 2012 rock.

Most of it you will see once you get there. I find it incredible to think that I started the idea of Eurocade last year only and that I initially planned it in my back-yard, and if I look at how professionally we have managed it this year...it is amazing.

Robin & Erik, Robin our technical man, preparing f.i. the Galaxian hardware so that it is exactly what Aart wants and Erik being our CFO, keeping an eye on the money and doing general support. Big thanks !

This year we were lucky to find Chris willing to design a totally awesome logo for Eurocade and this in a period that he was doing the work for 2 man in his start-up business. He came up with the basic ideas and he was insanely patient with all the suggestions we gave back. Sometimes great things happened. At one point I noted we didn't have a web-adress on the logo, so we thought about a "general" logo without the year. I suggested it would be cool to have some Berzerk robots on the right side on the logo. Chris tried it but it didn't work out like I had imagined. Then he came up with the Space Invaders that were bombing the EU letters which we all found was a brilliant idea.
He did much more design work than this, but that you will see on sept. 1.

Etienne kept things running between him and Chris, taking care that everything will be printed on time, coming up with his ever brilliant McGyver ideas (f.i. for this years visitor passes) and of course the most insanely great piggy-bank/donation pot ever. Apart from this he arranged a lot of "hardware" and print stuff through his "relations".

Pieter did some magic arrangements like getting a free van with tail-gate lift and the sponsors for this year's edition. When I thought..."We can try but I don't see it happening", he succeeded ! He also did all the communications to press and TV (sometimes even in person...). Wether they will pick it up or not, we'll see, but at least he is daring to try !

The amazing thing is that everything goes in the best spirits and we never got into any argument about things. Or maybe, that isn't amazing at all  ;D

You guys all rock and I couldn't have wished for a better team for sure and wanted to already say "THANK YOU !!!!" and "LET'S GO" ! for next friday :)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 24, 2012, 09:29:10 PM »
YOU GUYS ROCK!!! even before the show gets on the road, i'd like to thank each and everyone of you for making this possible - again! can't wait for the next weekend to come ...
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #298 on: August 25, 2012, 12:26:53 AM »
Thanks Ull !!!

I just e-mailed all the info about Eurocade 2012 to everyone registered.

PLEASE if you are registered but did NOT receive the e-mail let me know ASAP so I can check things out.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 25, 2012, 08:33:17 AM »
Thanks for your words Andre, i could not have write it better

All i can add to it is that we (i think i can speak for all of us) did it with pleasure !

Game On !  :spaceace: :spaceace: