Author Topic: >>> EUROCADE 2012 <<< 1 september 2012, Ridderkerk, The Netherlands  (Read 268045 times)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
Re: >>> EUROCADE 2012 <<< 1 september 2012, Ridderkerk, The Netherlands
« Reply #165 on: July 04, 2012, 04:58:02 PM »
Booked on Monday, February 13, 2012

RESERVATION INFORMATION:
Booking number: RID-141B26048190
Guest name: Mr. Bela Harcsa 
Arrival: Friday, August 31, 2012
Departure: Sunday, September 02, 2012 (2 nights) 
Number of rooms: 1 x Atrium Room
Number of adults: 2
Breakfast: Yes
Comments: 

PAYMENT:
Total amount: €115.00
Payment method: CASH

From To Nights Room Breakfast Subtotal
8/31/2012 9/2/2012 2 €57.50 €0.00 €115.00
Subtotal €115.00
Total price including tourist tax €115.00

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #166 on: July 04, 2012, 05:08:30 PM »
Mmm...first of all Van Der Valk has completely changed their site and so my links from Eurocade.eu are not working anymore. I'll fix that ASAP. However, they also seem to have changed strategy because I can't book a "Last Minute" for september anymore (it looks like REAL last minute deals now....)

However, the amount you mention IS without the tourist tax. The "bare" price (incl. VAT) was €115 for 1 room (2 persons) for 2 nights so it looks like they are honest.....this time ;)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 04, 2012, 05:38:12 PM »
Good news, thanks for the research. ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #168 on: July 08, 2012, 11:43:17 PM »
Guys, it is with great pride I present you the new logo for Eurocade 2012:

Big thanks go to ChrisChris for designing it !!!

We, the Eurocade team, felt that this logo truly captures what it is about: the video arcade machine in 8-bit graphics on the left says it all. The look of a "used old somewhat crumbled piece of carton" fits perfectly to the theme too.

A variation of this logo will be used on promotion materials. This variation will not have a date and location so that we can use it for (all) future Eurocades.

I also updated the website www.eurocade.eu so that it will connect to the Van Der Valk Hotel website again. They have re-arranged their website and way of booking, but the good news is that the prices have remained the same as last year. IMHO, comparing to a lot of hotel prices I see all over Europe I think this price is absolutely great for this room, hotel and breakfast.

It's only 54 days until Eurocade. I would like the people who have not yet uncovered the cab that they will be bringing to do so ASAP (either by PM or post here). The reason is that knowing what games will be there is a clear attraction point for visitors. I know some people may come especially to play a certain game, or it may give them just that final push to decide and come....

The same for people who are not certain yet to come. Last year (on top of all the other "last minute" work I got quite a phew messages of "latecomers" in the last week before Eurocade. I realize that some of you can really not know if they can make it until the last "minute" but even if you are not 100% sure, please register now. It's easier for us to have a complete list where some people might not show up than having to add people in the last days....

Thanks for understanding !!!

Also......we still have room for more cabs !!!! We have seen a lot of new members on this great forum the last 6 months so do not hesitate to register !

How ? Send me a PM with your Avatar (=username here), full name, address, mobile phone number and what (if) cab(s) you will bring and we will put you on the list. If you really don't have a cab or no way to bring it but love this hobby you are still very welcome !

Three more news items on which we will give more info a bit later:
1) there will be a (small) competition
2) we plan to organize a raffle
3) there _will_ be a piggy bank again this year. We know that the majority wanted to have an "all inclusive" entry price, and that is also what we have now. However, some of you guys already told us we were crazy to offer all this good stuff for just 20 Euro. These people are free to donate some extra cash. Also there will be non-registered people from my music club (etc) who are "gently invited" to contribute a bit too.
The money will of course only be used to cover costs of Eurocade. Should there be anything left we will probably invest it in getting some decoration for the next Eurocade.
If things go well, Etienne's brilliant Pong model will be the "Pongy bank" ;)

Enough for now....

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 10, 2012, 05:58:09 PM »
I'm happy to announce that i'll take another Nintendo cab to Eurocade!!

And that is not all because Ronald Reagan was so nice to lend us his working Simpsons.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:06:21 PM by gyruss »

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 10, 2012, 06:37:27 PM »
 :spaceace:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #171 on: July 10, 2012, 07:08:32 PM »
Exellent !!!

....mmm Simpsons was already on the list and so was Mario Bros. but that was my MB and yours is SOOOOOOOOOOOO much nicer AND a wide body like it is supposed to be....

I guess my Nintendo stays home this year :) 

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 10, 2012, 07:28:39 PM »
Exellent !!!

....mmm Simpsons was already on the list and so was Mario Bros. but that was my MB and yours is SOOOOOOOOOOOO much nicer AND a wide body like it is supposed to be....

I guess my Nintendo stays home this year :) 

Or you convert it back to radarscope real fast  ;D ;D ;D ;D

bencao74

• View Profile
    • ArcadeForge
« Reply #173 on: July 11, 2012, 05:52:22 PM »
just booked a room :)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #174 on: July 11, 2012, 06:53:58 PM »
 :spaceace:

Radar Scope ? Nahh....in theory I could transfer it into a Popeye. Got the board-set (working) but the controls set-up would need to be changed. I don't think I'm going to manage in time....got some holiday and redecorating the living room to do as well this summer....

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #175 on: July 11, 2012, 07:04:16 PM »
>>> NEWSFLASH <<<

We are extremely proud and excited to let you know that Aart van Vliet, official World Record holder on Galaxian will attempt to set a NEW WORLD RECORD at Eurocade 2012 !!!

Most of you know that Aart was our guest at Eurocade 2011 and we were able to witness some mind-blowing gameplay by him on the most brilliant NAMCO shooter ever...
Apart from this, Aart turned out to be about a really nice guy and we had some nice talk during Eurocade and then we popped the question (sorry, I forgot who it was) if he would be willing to try his own record on home ground and to our joy he agreed !

The Eurocade team feels that this is an excellent combination of events. It means a lot of great publicity for Eurocade and of course Aart will have a great setting to push his record even further.

The details still need to be worked out. It looks like we will give him a good spot in the bar area (this will be the only game there) so the visitors will be able to follow his progress. We will put the gameplay on the beamer so everyone can follow clearly.

Of course we want the record to be officially recognized by TwinGalaxies so we are communicating with them to sort this out.

I hope you guys are as excited as we are !  ;D ;D ;D :spaceace: :spaceace: :space ace:

Some info about Aart and his incredible World Record: http://www.retrouprising.com/index.php?pid=aart-van-vliet
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:13:37 PM by Level42 »

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 11, 2012, 07:52:01 PM »
Yes!!!!!!!
Excellent!
Aart's skills totally blew my mind last year.
Can I have a special setting too to try to beat my personal "vintage monitor neck breaking" record?

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #177 on: July 11, 2012, 09:58:58 PM »
Excellent!!! I'll try to improve my high score, and try to beat him! ...mhhhh does 55K will be enough  ::) :-* *cough* *cough*  :oops:

I still have a video of him playing Galaxian somewhere in my HDD. Right time to publish it?  :P

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #178 on: July 17, 2012, 10:12:54 PM »
Friends,

I have updated the site. First of all I added some games. Next I added a page with the WR Galaxian info.

Further....and this is important ! => YOU CAN NOW REGISTER BY FILLING OUT A FORM ON THE SITE.

This is the page where you can register:

http://www.eurocade.eu/Eurocade/Info_%26_Registration.html

Please note that by registering you accept all the info and rules as mentioned below the form (and agree with the entry price of 20 Euro per person).

For those who already registered here through a PM to me there is no need to register again, but if you want you _can_ do it so we have all the info in one central place.

We believe that this makes registration for Eurocade a lot easier.

REPEATED REQUEST => PLEASE DO NOT WAIT TILL THE LAST WEEKS TO REGISTER !!!!  Better register now and cancel later (if you really have to).

Also....please keep those cabs coming ! The whole idea about Eurocade is people bringing THEIR cabs. Without that, Eurocade is NOTHING. PLEASE let us know what cabs you plan to bring ASAP.
A game name is MUCH more attracting than "MR.X's cab" in the list.....      THANKS !!!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 10:15:18 PM by Level42 »

CrazyKongFan

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 17, 2012, 10:33:38 PM »
Cool, glad to see Aart making it there again. Hopefully he smashes his old record ;D I'm sure he's missing some of the classic games, since he hasn't been able to make it to Funspot the last couple years. Nice interview too!