Author Topic: -Restoration- Atari Galaga´88  (Read 17881 times)

ataritoobin

• View Profile
Re: -Restoration- Atari Galaga´88
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 05:35:53 AM »
Stunning work  :spaceace:   !

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 07:07:15 AM »
Yes! The marquee looks far better displayed on your cabinet than stored in my drawer  ;)
Great job!  :)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 07:29:52 AM »
Looking very good !

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 09:26:08 AM »
cool to see those rusty apb and gauntlet parts from "you know where" being put to use - either you are a clairvoyant or it was simply pure luck that you decided to grab exactly those parts from "you know where"!

btw, i'm no fan of the galaga 88 art at all, it looks like a child designed / drew this (or i did :P). for me this is one mof the ugliest artworks out there, especially when compared to the fabulous pac-mania stuff which rests in the same cabinet, but that's not your fault ;). nevertheless, you've done a great job so far bringing this baby back to life!

oh, the galaga 88 pcb on the british forum has been sold to someone else :'(
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 10:22:49 AM »
Nice job !!!  :spaceace: :spaceace: I love the atari logo stick
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

Blanbek

• From Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 10:54:58 AM »

Original pcb for sale here  :)

http://www.arcadiabay.de/source/item.aspx?id=3266

I loved this game on my terminal (mame)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 11:47:07 AM »
I wonder how much time it took the guy to fix those holes ? 10 euro is nothing to save yourself the headache of fixing it yourself (can be done but a lot of work !)

I like Galaga '88 better than Galaga. Great work !

Glass company huh ? Were you the guy who did the non-glare pinball glass sheets ??

My dream would be finding non-glare tinted glass bezels for some videogames...... ;)

TimePilot

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Atari enthusiast from eastern germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 12:01:14 PM »

Original pcb for sale here  :)

http://www.arcadiabay.de/source/item.aspx?id=3266

I loved this game on my terminal (mame)

yes i know that, but paying 275 EUR for it??? those guys are crazy, as always!!! :twisted:

btw i have an other galaga´88 pcb in sight 8)

TimePilot

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2012, 12:06:43 PM »
cool to see those rusty apb and gauntlet parts from "you know where" being put to use - either you are a clairvoyant or it was simply pure luck that you decided to grab exactly those parts from "you know where"!
:lol: lol, well described... a happy holding hand, as you wanted not really to take these a.p.b. panel...  ;)

btw, i'm no fan of the galaga 88 art at all, it looks like a child designed / drew this (or i did :P). for me this is one mof the ugliest artworks out there, especially when compared to the fabulous pac-mania stuff which rests in the same cabinet, but that's not your fault ;). nevertheless, you've done a great job so far bringing this baby back to life!
I like the artwork, the game anyway. There are of course cabs with much better artworks, but galaga88 is not ugly. my opinion. :wink:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 12:09:08 PM by TimePilot »

TimePilot

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2012, 12:19:03 PM »
I wonder how much time it took the guy to fix those holes ? 10 euro is nothing to save yourself the headache of fixing it yourself (can be done but a lot of work !)
yes i was definitely the easiest way to go, and for that f..... price?! and, i hate headache... :lol:

Glass company huh ? Were you the guy who did the non-glare pinball glass sheets ??

My dream would be finding non-glare tinted glass bezels for some videogames...... ;)
Unfortunately not these asking guy, sorry i can´t help yet...

I work in a great glass coater company, we work with large areas of glass and coat this under vacuum to make glass with sun protection and thermal protection.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2012, 12:20:50 PM »
a happy holding hand, as you wanted not really to take these a.p.b. panel...  ;)

glad that you kept it - it was too rusty for me and a saw no use in taking it. but obviously you already knew it would come in handy one day - and it did!!! please keep the rest of the parts, i might need them for my apb resto in 2024! :P
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2012, 04:35:07 PM »

Oh come on guys, let's get that story out.....it's been a couple of years ago now.....you still think you'll get arrested ?? It would be a nice story as "follow up" to "The Ship" (TM) (C) 2012

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2012, 04:47:37 PM »
Oh come on guys, let's get that story out.....it's been a couple of years ago now.....you still think you'll get arrested ??

probably not arrested, but who knows how far that information would travel, i'd rather keep it disclosed for now. i wonder what toralf is thinking though ...

It would be a nice story as "follow up" to "The Ship" (TM) (C) 2012

definitely!!! not as huge on a scale as The Ship, but nevertheless an exotic location and everything arcade lifestyle needs. the best three days of my life!!! btw, i haven't given up on going back there again ...

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2012, 05:21:34 PM »
Oh come on guys, let's get that story out.....it's been a couple of years ago now.....you still think you'll get arrested ??

probably not arrested, but who knows how far that information would travel, i'd rather keep it disclosed for now. i wonder what toralf is thinking though ...

Wasn't the Stasi ended in the 80's ? ;)

TimePilot

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2012, 06:08:12 PM »

It would be a nice story as "follow up" to "The Ship" (TM) (C) 2012

definitely!!! not as huge on a scale as The Ship, but nevertheless an exotic location and everything arcade lifestyle needs. the best three days of my life!!! btw, i haven't given up on going back there again ...

It is difficult ... The trip was great, indeed the best (arcade)-trip of my life. but unfortunately not exactly legal. and despite the attempt to interview the owner, we had no official permission to be there. I don´t know if we can post here publicly ... :-\