Author Topic: Yet another, hello! topic!  (Read 4566 times)

Moon Jump

• View Profile
    • Arcade Hunters
Yet another, hello! topic!
« on: January 20, 2008, 06:37:30 PM »
Hey guys. This is Nick. I'm from New York. I came across this site when I saw Darth's home arcade project linked on another website. It's great to see other fans of the classic laser disk games and all of your collections are awesome.

Looking forward to posting here.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: Yet another, hello! topic!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 09:09:44 PM »
Hi Nick. I'm very glad to see you here my friend. You're at home here   :-*

I really enjoy to see the Comics on your website. I hope on day to see one of our heroes here, inside one of your comics  :roll: :P    ... let's say Dirk The Daring or Princess Daphne    ::) :P

Keep your good job   8)

Moon Jump

• View Profile
    • Arcade Hunters
Re: Yet another, hello! topic!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 06:57:17 PM »
Thanks for the kind words. We never hear feedback on the comic. Since we focus on a lot of classic games we don't get much publicity. If we added in raunchy humor, cursed and talked about newer games, boom! We'd get tons of hits. But I find it more fun to talk about older games.

We already did a Space Ace comic. It's drawn from real life when we went to FunSpot in New Hampshire. They had a Dragons Lair and Space Ace and I must have ended up blowing a good 10 bucks in both games. So the comic we did is part of the FunSpot Sketch book, but it's really called "Space Ace is Hard"

http://www.pressstartcomic.com/view.php?comic=2007-06-09

The two guys in the background are Mark Alpiger, who owns the world record in Marble Madness...with his FOOT and the other guy is "The King of Classic Video Games" Todd Rodgers. We met them both and they were really awesome in person. We had to find a way to fit them into the comic.

We'll be meeting them both this May when we go back to their classic gaming tournament, hopefully they'll have their laserdisk games back up. As I said in the other thread. Both of the machines they had died, from age and being moved around so much so they were running on Daphne. The owner of FunSpot told me the machines lasted for about another week after the tournament and the guy that made the set up moved and they have nobody to fix them unless he goes back.