Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
December 11, 2017, 01:04:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Mid-Life Crisis Project  (Read 1805 times)
mobbster

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2012, 09:07:07 PM »

I found an arcade cabinet for free and decided to build my own cabinet. I blogged the whole thing at the following link in case you're interested.

http://smagy-mid-lifecrisisproject.blogspot.com/2011/03/day-1.html
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 09:05:53 AM »

Nice story  Smiley

I think the same (regarding an old cabinet) : "...So I sat back and looked at it for a long time, realizing that it has a lot of history behind it, a lot of people who played it and either hated it or loved it. It probably sat in some bar or old arcade and heard a lot of passing lives, loves, anxieties. I decided that the dings, scratches, cigarette burns and small busted chunks of wood revealed its character..."

Space Ace

McVenco

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 09:27:38 AM »

I decided that the dings, scratches, cigarette burns and small busted chunks of wood revealed its character...

We guitarists call that "relic" or "mojo" Grin

No arcade cab(s) yet, but happy owner of 2 Colecovisions, 2 Amigas and a pc running Mame.
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 09:37:41 AM »

We guitarists call that "relic" or "mojo" Grin

Hell yeah! But would we (I'm also guitarist) be able to fix guitars like we did for cabinets anyway? (personally not)  Roll Eyes Wink
So let's continue to keep 'the mojo' intact  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: