Author Topic: [Superully's Restoration] everyone's game for Zoo Keeper  (Read 28337 times)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: [Restoration] everyone's game for Zoo Keeper
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2014, 06:31:43 PM »
Thats looking real good ully !

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2014, 06:41:33 PM »
Awesome result Ully  :spaceace:
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2014, 06:50:11 PM »
Nice to see you back, awesome result, I really missed your restos. :D

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2014, 07:08:52 PM »
Very very good job on the paint/masking! Loking really good! :spaceace:
Did you ever get the ZK pcbs from Archer?? Cant remember... Does it run??

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2014, 07:19:50 PM »
I really missed your restos. :D

+1  8)
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2014, 08:39:50 PM »
Did you ever get the ZK pcbs from Archer?? Cant remember... Does it run??

jepp, i did - along with some other stuff that was missing from my cab. unfortunately, he couldn't find his mint marquee and bezel anymore :'(.

whether the stuff is working or not: i have no idea, never tried it! i'll reassemble the cabinet first, then lay everything out on the floor and give it a shot. but hey, it's zoo keeper, working boardsets go for 400+ bucks, so don't get your hopes up too high! :P
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2014, 10:34:49 PM »
Its the same PCBs as in your Qix, so it should be an easy assemble.. - if your Qix runs original hardware??
Shame about the Marquee and Bezel, maby you should go for reproed stuff??..

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2014, 10:46:08 PM »
Shame about the Marquee and Bezel, maby you should go for reproed stuff??..

AFAIK, repros don't exist for ZK
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2014, 06:34:35 AM »
I'm very impressed by your woodwork, great restore thread indeed  :spaceace: :spaceace:

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2014, 07:52:45 AM »
looks like the stickers on the powersupply are looking still good, if not, i have them in vector for you if you want the file  ;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2014, 06:15:47 PM »
looks like the stickers on the powersupply are looking still good, if not, i have them in vector for you if you want the file  ;)

thx etienne, i already redrew those for my jungle king cab, so no need for these at the moment, don't even know whether i'll have to replace them at all. but thx again for your offer!

btw, the line spacing between "rated slow blow" and "fuse" looks different than the other spacings!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2014, 07:21:39 PM »
the space between the first line and the second also differs from the second to the third line.

i have just placed it exact on top as the scan had them which i received

i could adjust it to have the same [enter]'s though  ;D

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2014, 06:35:51 AM »
Your passion is amazing....as always :)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2014, 07:17:21 PM »
over the past few weeks i've been putting the cabinet back together - slowly but surely and with the help of a lot of clamps :o :D

it took quite a while, but this is where the cab stands right now! i couldn't be happier with the way this turned out :)

but we all know that cosmetics are only one part of the restoration hobby, the other part is the electronic stuff. everything i got for this cab had been totally untested, therefore i had no idea where i stood. so i started with the power supply, because those taito power supplies were NOT built to last. and lo and behold, mine wasn't any better, because it only produced the +12V voltages, everything else was dead!

so i followed the first rule of every taito restoration: throw out the old power supply and get a switcher with an adapter from arcadeshop. and so i did! ordered it a little over two weeks ago, today i got a letter from the customs office that something was waiting for me. drove over, paid my balances, drove back home, set everything up properly, double checked all the connections (because there's a lot of wires guys) and basically was ready to give it a try. here's my temporary setup with everything connected ...

the monitor had the wrong connector, so i had to rewire it, but then i was finally ready to go. i always expect something to blow up in my face when i power up a game for the first time after having worked on it, but fortunately everything remained quiet. so i got up, walked around to check the monitor and here's what i saw :arrow:

the picture looks a little bit washed out, but (a) i haven't cleaned the monitor yet and (b) the camera was somewhat out of focus, but in reality it looks really good. what you can see here is a test screen waiting for the inputs to be checked. unfortunately, i couldn't move any further, because the coin door (which has some switches that you need to move through the menu) is already installed in the cab and the control panel with the joysticks and the buttons is currently disassembled because i'm waiting for a missing piece (joystick grommet). but for now, i'm EXTREMELY HAPPY, i have a great picture, the boards are running so far (although i have no idea whether the self test will show any ram / rom errors) and everything seems to be fine!!!

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

next order of business: remove that board and wire mess from the floor, fix the switcher and the stepdown converter to the power supply board and throw everything into the cab!!! can't wait to continue work on this one ...