Author Topic: Dragon's Lair Manual Atari documents  (Read 13655 times)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Dragon's Lair Manual Atari documents
« on: January 29, 2006, 09:55:18 AM »
Have a look at these orginal documents used to create the Atari manuals :

Pictures from AtariGames.com  - hosted on DragonsLairfans website for archive

FINNY(uk)

• View Profile
    • http://www.jasonfinn.com
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 10:10:47 PM »
Hi Bruno, I forgot to tell you when you visited me, I own the Original Manual Artwork you have just listed.

regards
-Finn :roll:
"Aim for the Moon! if you fall short your be with the Stars"

brian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 01:04:12 AM »
Did you get that from Ebay a couple years ago? There was a similar thing with the artwork sold on ebay. If so, you were the one who out bid me  :P

FINNY(uk)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 03:23:54 PM »
Hi Brian,

It was XY-Man that must of out-bid you, they went for about $500 -$600 I recall, I paid XY man a lot more for them than that...really nice items though!

regards
-Finny

brian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 10:37:22 PM »
I did win a preliminary manual for the atari DL. I got it for 10 bucks. The one with all the original artwork I lost out on though. Speaking of which, I don't know what I did with. I need to find it.

FINNY(uk)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 11:27:05 PM »
Brian, FIND IT!! as the Atari manual is soooooo rare, I have one, I was lucky to get that, I only know of mine and yours to exist, would be cool to know who else has one, thats typical Atari, very nice especially compared to the crap Cinematronics manual, Cinematronics made up for a better and more reliable Dragon's lair than the Atari.

-Jas

brian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 06:23:48 AM »
I havent found it yet. I don't know what I did with it. I remember it after finding the email, but I didn't put it with my DL collection. I have all my original notes, my letter from Don Bluth Animation, my slide of Don sitting in a chair with the DL characters sitting next to him. Looked through all my cels. I hope it will turn up. It has to be burried somewhere that I haven't found. I have been good at keeping things together, but Ill be damned if I can't find it.

Here is the email message of me winning it. This was on Dec 10, 2002

Congratulations Removed!

Dear Removed,
You have agreed to purchase the following eBay item from  on Dec-10-02 15:30:29 PST:

ATARI DRAGON'S LAIR Preliminary Manual! RARE! - Item #744043197
Please review the seller's payment instructions below. Use eBay Checkout to send your shipping and payment information to the seller.

Payment details:
Item price: $2.25
Quantity: 1
Subtotal: $2.25*
* Not including shipping charges
Payment instructions from seller:
Pay me securely with any major credit card through PayPal!

Ship-to zip code: XXXXX (removed)
If zip code is incorrect, please notify the seller and update for your future purchases.

You may also contact the seller via email to complete the sale at Removed email address. If contacting the seller directly, please do so within 3 business days. You should send payment directly to the seller.

This item can be viewed for up to 90 days at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=744043197&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:US:6

Note: The seller has been sent a separate email to confirm this sale.

Don't forget to leave feedback after the sale is complete.

Helpful links
Leave feedback - Tell us how the sale went
Contact Information - Exchange contact details
My eBay - Track your buying and selling activity
Discussion boards - Get help from other eBay members
eBay Help - Find answers to your questions
Learn more: Looking for a hard-to-find item? Use favorite searches to find out when matching items appear on eBay.

Trading guidelines

eBay will not request personal data (password, credit card/bank numbers, and so on) in an email. Learn how to protect your account.

Thank you for using eBay!
http://www.ebay.com/

This eBay notice was sent to removed email based on your eBay account preferences. If you would like to review your notification preferences for other types of communications, click here. If you would like to receive this email in text only, click here.

As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you information about site changes and enhancements. Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.

Copyright 2002 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.

eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.

brian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 03:13:21 PM »
I hate bumping old posts, but I did find the Atari Manual.

madness

• View Profile
    • http://mame.digitalmagic.se
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 10:39:26 AM »

brian

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 06:52:21 PM »
I believe that mine is real. It is hand typed, not a photocopy. The staple in it was rusted when I got it. I have had it since 2002.

If it is fake, it doesnt matter. He didnt make money off of it. I got it for less than 3 bucks and it would have taken him more time to make it than he made.

FINNY(uk)

• View Profile
Re: Dragon's Lair Manual Atari documents
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 09:05:22 PM »
Hey Brian,

Yep yours is the real deal mate, it could be one of two that were actually hand typed, I recall Don telling me that they doubled up when he invited me to his studio, the rest were photocopied, even scripts were hand typed (2) and the rest photocopied if needed.

-Jas

brian

• View Profile
Re: Dragon's Lair Manual Atari documents
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 05:29:44 AM »
Thank you for the confirmation and the time to research it. The schematics are photcopied in the manual. There is a mix of hand typed and photocopied pages. Perhaps this was done for later corrections and/or additions.

As a note for the attract mode script that I own for DLII one is all typed. Dated 1/6/84 and is a lot different from what actually came out. Some of the scenes listed are "Prehistoric Earth", "Eve and the Garden of Eden", "Ancient Egypt" and "Buccaneer Pirates on the High Seas". Even has hand typo corrections on it. It must be a very early script because it has typed comments like "Perhaps a Deth Node of Dirk with the Pirates would be good here." (yes it says Deth)

Edit: Forgot the c in research.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 05:47:08 AM by brian »