Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
April 23, 2014, 09:15:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A couple of simulators: Race Driving and World Grand Prix (WGP)  (Read 1130 times)
baritonomarchetto
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2011, 01:57:56 PM »

Hi all,

this deal started exactly one year ago (october 2010), when a nice guy called me to notify that the Race Driving that was lying in it's warehouse was going to be destroyed if no-one would buy it... WHAT THE HELL! I could not leave that beast be given to the flames, then i told him to keep it until i could store it somewhere (i am out-of-space at home and also my father place is fulfilled).

The machine was in discrete aestetic conditions, no side arts, but complete. The monitor (a 25 inces low res Wells Gardner with a damn Zenith Fly in it) was working and the PCB gave a GSP error... it was worth the price asked, anyhow!

Found the place to store it, (a semi-grounded garage), one year ago i decided to unmount the monitor, glasses, the mirror and other “easy-to-remove” components. This helped reducing the weight to a 70%. Here are some images taken during the unmounting (i took them in order to be able to re-mount everything Smiley )

There are no images from the backside, sorry. I had not the opportunity to take detailed images of the inside today, also, beacuse there's little to no room and the machine is close to the wall.

But this is not everithing: the last week i went to the warehouse, just to see if something new was there... i go there more or less a couple of times per month, to say the truth, and i had the opportunity to play with very nice machines, like Cisco Heat Deluxe, various PCB's... and an Electrocoin World Grand Prix. I really did not had the space to store it, nor i was in the need for it (even if i remember i played it in the 90's and it got me at the time)... then i decided to let it go.

Well, one year have passed and i received the awaited call: the Race Driving was ready to be delivered to me! Not sure any other ware-houser would keep the machine FOR FREE one year in it's place, so thank you very much Devis!

… and what about the WGP? Well, i could not resist and asked him if we could find “the nice price”... and we found it Cheesy

… here are some pictures i took this morning of the WGP, then. As always, the place has very little space to move so images can be taken only from close distancies  …

I think that the control panel is a beauty!!

side art

only few games played

the PCB. This game was playable with up to 8 cabinets linked  Shocked

the monitor: Hantarex MTC 9000 20 inches

Here you can see the handle bar, from the bottom side: the big metal disk in the center of the pict is the force feedback weight. When i played the game the FF was not working, but i am confident that it could be activated and disactivated via DIP switches. The japanese deluxe version has also the possibility to activate manual gears (not present in the euro machine)

Manuals where inside: the one on the left can be found on the net, but the one on the right will be scanned and uploaded  Wink

This two machines will be nice close toghether when working  lol

« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 01:59:43 PM by baritonomarchetto » Logged

"A true Gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved"

Golden Axe Myth RELEASED!
Muerto
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 02:05:52 PM »

Great saves!!!!
You can get new sideart for the Race Driving...
And that TAITO look allmost brand new inside!!!!! Space Ace Space Ace

Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 02:30:21 PM »

Yes yes, more Drivin's !

Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 02:39:35 PM »

cool, looks like you've got some work ahead of you! Tongue

btw, there was a WGP in the famous arcade hotel as well, but in much worse condition! arrow

looking for vector games: lunar lander / black widow / red baron / quantum / cosmic chasm
Etienne MacGyver
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 02:51:26 PM »

Nice saves !  Space Ace

I wanted the pretty girls to come up and say, "Hi, I see that you're good at Crazy Kong."
Muerto
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 08:43:21 PM »

cool, looks like you've got some work ahead of you! Tongue

btw, there was a WGP in the famous arcade hotel as well, but in much worse condition! arrow

What about the Gauntlet next to it??

Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 11:33:15 PM »

What about the Gauntlet next to it??

still there, and not only one, but two of them. however, as i've said before, that place is locked down for good! Cry

looking for vector games: lunar lander / black widow / red baron / quantum / cosmic chasm
Alpha1
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 06:50:00 PM »

Can't we just break in? How easy would that be?

I'll come over to Germany to help.
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 08:27:27 PM »

So.....where are the pics ? It's been a long time now, who's going to arrest you ?  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: