Author Topic: Level42's instruction video on solving convergence issues  (Read 7267 times)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Level42's instruction video on solving convergence issues
« on: October 01, 2011, 12:16:04 AM »
I wanted to learn something more regarding convergence issues and solving them, and ran into this video from Level42 (ON A JAPANESE CANDY CAB FAN SITE  ;D ): http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17245&p=219253&hilit=convergence#p219253

Some of you probably already have seen it. OK, it's a Vector monitor, but that's even more interesting (and the master of vector monitors still has a nice project waiting  ;D  :wink: )

But without kidding, for the the technics amongst us, and everybody else who has an interest in monitors, this is a good page with a lot of interesting info and pictures. It's mainly about how to convert normal TV's to a big arcade monitor using a replacement chassis (at least, I think so, I didn't read everything yet):  http://neo.dyndns.tv/technical/Nanao_MS9_CRT_replacement/CRT_nokia/

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Level42's instruction video on solving convergence issues
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 12:42:26 AM »
I wish I had got Received a euro for every view of that video.....

Even better I would loved to have received a euro for every time my (now) famous Star Wars on a scope video has been watched. Almost 45000 views, mainly because someone put that up on a certain website...

I know nothing about vector monitor projects ;)

Did you se dezbaz's NEW Amplifone boards ? I got A HV board here now, totally Brilliant !!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 08:54:41 AM »

Did you se dezbaz's NEW Amplifone boards ? I got A HV board here now, totally Brilliant !!

Link please.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 09:59:04 AM »
thanks. looks all very interesting, and complicated.

DanP

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 01:14:05 PM »
Just wish there was a source for those magnetic strips.  Pretty much all my vector monitors have some minor convergence issues like these, never been able to find em anywhere.

Dan

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 01:27:34 PM »
Just wish there was a source for those magnetic strips.  Pretty much all my vector monitors have some minor convergence issues like these, never been able to find em anywhere.

Dan

Quote from AO: "If you live in the USA, you can get them from Wells Gardner. They are called yoke tabs. The part number at Wells Gardner is: 009A2808-001
They cost 50 cents each. Hope that helps people in the USA.

DanP

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 01:46:32 PM »
Unfortunately the posting of that fact on KLOV soon led to the hoovering up of all tabs from WG.  Been there, tried that, etc

Dan

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 02:08:57 PM »
 :shock: :shock:

I want to hoover also, next week.  ;)

Count Galious

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 04:33:19 PM »
For those people looking for those strips to correct convergence problems in the corner of your screen (as shown on Level42's video), you won't find them. Those are extremely hard to find nowadays. But there is something that comes realy close and can be used for this same correction. You can use the magnetstrips inside the rubber edge around the door of a refridgerator. Not to be mistaken by those magnets you put on a refridgerator-door ;). But the magnetstrip with is used to close that door. Inside that rubber edge a magnetstrip is hidden. So when an old fridge is ready to be thrown away, rip out that strip ! :)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 06:58:47 PM »
Thanks for the hint.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 07:09:07 PM »
The stuff is "weak iron" as we call it...do NOT use material that is magnetic itself !

Count Galious

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2011, 09:01:15 PM »
Hmm..okay. Wel, sorry for giving the wrong hint.
As far as I knew this is the best alternative. Mostly because it is just slightly magnetic. (of course a strong magnet and a tube isn't a good combination ;) ) Didn't know it shouldn't be magnetic at all. Sorry.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2011, 09:11:39 PM »
Not what I meant...I think (but I'm not sure) the material you mean is not magnetic itself is it ?

I mean, one side of the strip is probably magnetic (f.i. the door) and the other is not (the "case"). I never actually tried that...