Author Topic: Logan's first DigDug (Project)  (Read 13858 times)

logan

• View Profile
Re: Logan's first DigDug (Project)
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 11:42:59 AM »
I was thinking, the "wooden style" sideart on the cab really is in bad condition, would it look nice to just paint it white like the US version an add the sideart they used? I know, not the same size and cabshape, but it could look real nice??

what do you think? or should i try to restore the original euro-cab-wood-look?

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 12:36:02 PM »
I was thinking, the "wooden style" sideart on the cab really is in bad condition, would it look nice to just paint it white like the US version an add the sideart they used?

<snip>

what do you think? or should i try to restore the original euro-cab-wood-look?

You know the Euro machines had side art right? It's very rare to find but a NOS set was on eBay US 2 months ago. Here's what it looks like:

Ultimately what you do with the cabinet is up to you. However I would first Photoshop the cabinet with white sides to give yourself an idea of how it would look prior to painting it.

The woodgrain vinyl can still be found online if you do want to restore it as original as possible.

Oliver

petieken

• Belgium
    • View Profile
    • My VAPS Entry
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2009, 12:53:36 PM »
According to the flyer the side art was optional:
"Optional side panel decals are also available."

I like the cab on the flyer though 8)
Wanted: Cadillacs and Dinosaurs CPS1 Q-Sound pcb | SegaSonic The Hedgehog Art & instruction set

logan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2009, 01:24:16 PM »
wow, thank you. no, i didn't know of sidearts for the euro version. I cant really tell on the small pic, but was it wooden style + a grafic sideart or is it painted black??  ??? ???

Oh, and on the right side of the flyer, right next (on the left) to "pump control" you can see a white side, was the euro version also available in white or is that the US version (which was white + sideart)

Thx again!

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2009, 07:25:53 PM »
wow, thank you. no, i didn't know of sidearts for the euro version. I cant really tell on the small pic, but was it wooden style + a grafic sideart or is it painted black??  ??? ???

Oh, and on the right side of the flyer, right next (on the left) to "pump control" you can see a white side, was the euro version also available in white or is that the US version (which was white + sideart)

Thx again!

The white side one is the US one.

The optional side art for the Euro version is applied to the woodgrain. The side art as you can see doesn't cover the entire machine side.

Oliver