Author Topic: Dragon's Lair European version Help on Daphne  (Read 6615 times)

mightypirate

• View Profile
Dragon's Lair European version Help on Daphne
« on: August 16, 2007, 07:22:54 PM »
Hi Boys !!!  :D

Could somebody (Please !) help me to convert my Dragon's Lair NTSC footage (taken from Digital Leisure' s Dragon's Lair 20th Anniversay Edition, using Dvd2DAPH) into PAL...

I heard that the latest version of Daphne (finally !) supports the European version of Dragon's Lair...

...and unfortunately actually that's the only way I could see my beloved blue screen again (no any cab here around !  :cry:  )...

Please help me !

JamesS

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 10:33:08 PM »
I would also like to know how to do this.

Someone said they were able to do this on the BYOAC website a while ago but I was not aware they did it using DVD2DAPH but with another tool. Although I guess using another tool would make it far more difficult to do. I imagine a torrent exists for the pal version as the new daphne has a torrent client built in but I do not know of a link.

I hear Mame might only be 2 or 3 months away from releasing a version with fully working laser game drivers so we may have to wait for that to play the pal euro DL version.

brian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 04:03:02 AM »
Blaze media pro should do it for you. I have converted stuff from Pal to NTSC (although it still doesnt look right). I hear ntsc to pal is better:

http://www.blazemp.com/convert_between_pal_ntsc.htm

Rumor has it that you might be able to get the full version from the link below, but I personally haven't tested it since I actually bought v6.2:

http://rapidshare.com/files/47675069/Blaze_Media_Pro_v7.1.rar

MacDLSA

• View Profile
EuroDL
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 07:08:34 PM »
Hi, mightypirate

I'm Marco ( ITA !!! ) ...

I did that conversion months ago ... then I contacted "someone" on the Daphne chatroom to talk about it ! After some months we got the "correct" drivers for both Dragon' s Lair ( Atari rev. D1 , D2 and Sidam ) and Space Ace EURO !!!!!!
They have still some kind of  "sync" problem , probably due to the blue PAL screen , but they are FULLY PLAYABLE !!!!!! LIKE in THE "real" ARCADE GAME !!!

So... the process used to make those conversion is not so difficult ( ... if I was able to do that , then almost everyone could !!! hehe ) , but you MUST have the "single-file" mpeg for both games ! ONLY with a laser-disc rip ( NOT the "multiple-files" taken from the DVDs with the DVD2Daph ! ) !!!
Then you should have some video encoding programs like TmpgENC , VirtualDub ... )

Well , I have to ask you to eMail me , then we could speak "quickly" in italian , and I' d tell you HOW you could do that !

B.f.n.

Marco
Marco"MacDLSA", Daphne Team
irc[dot]enterthegame[dot]com , channels #Daphne / #Lasergames