Author Topic: What I need to play Time Warp on my candy cab?  (Read 5068 times)

neocalimero

• View Profile
What I need to play Time Warp on my candy cab?
« on: July 23, 2011, 11:03:58 AM »
Hi friends. I'm a french Dragon's Lair fan, I take pleasure to play Dragon's Lair/Space Ace Games on CDi, 3DO or other game systems, but now I want to play as in my youth on a real cab. My favourite game is "Dragon's Lair II: Time Warp" and I'd like to know what I need to play it on my SEGA New Astro City. Do I just need an original Disc (of Time Warp) and a simple Laserdisc player (plugged in JAMMA in my cab)?

I look forward to your answers.

I thank you beforehand  ;)

Some of my most beautiful collector's items:

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: What I need to play Time Warp on my candy cab?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 06:03:39 PM »
Well, In addition of a laser disc, Dragon's Lair II uses a dedicated board (no jamma).
But will make your project not easy to set up is the fact that DL 2 uses overlay display : in short, your monitor will receive data from the LD player for the game movie, but also overlay indication text...
The easy solution for your jamma setup would be the use of the Jamma version of the Ultracade Dragon's Lair 20th anniversary :

what's inside this re-issue cab'  :roll:  :wink:   ?

A jamma connector... and a small computer...

...closer :

That would be the plug'n'play solution (and you'll have Dragon's Lair + Space Ace) but don't ask me where to buy the board only, I've never seen one for sale alone...

The other solution is to use a computer, configured with Daphne emulator, and the use of the J-Pac in order to hook it to your jamma connector... and you'll get the perfect emulation  8)

neocalimero

• View Profile
Re: What I need to play Time Warp on my candy cab?
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 06:56:04 PM »
Understood. Thanks a lot for your explanations.