Author Topic: Help with TV installed in Dragon's lair cab  (Read 4303 times)

Giddygoon

• View Profile
Help with TV installed in Dragon's lair cab
« on: October 08, 2007, 02:52:50 PM »
Hi Darth!

As you will see on the Facebook link, I also installed a TV to replace the monitor that was once there. There are two ground cables that come from any TV that a re around the screen. In the original casing they are connected to the plastic case of the original TV, but now that it is in the dragon's lair cab where is the best place for those cable, I have attacthed them to the side of the steel case that holds TV, but i get a blue spark when I turn on and off my machine, if you have any info I would be greatfull.

Thanks again

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Help with TV installed in Dragon's lair cab
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 05:26:11 PM »
HI Giddygoon,

Very strange... I use to reproduce what was inside the tv before removing the original tv plastic frame... and nothing more  :?
I mean there's no interaction between the new tv frame and the rest of the cabinet...

Let's try to understand.... here's a tv I got to replace a *dead* arcade monitor :

The commun problem is : where to hook the cable #1 & #2, because they are originally fixed to the plastic frame.

For both, I hook them to the new fixation, like by exemple, the fixation from your picutre here :

Note that for the cable #2 I'm keeping the original springs attached... I guess it is used each time you power on the TV, and they is an auto demagnetize on the tube  :?:  :idea:

Can you specify between wich parts you got a *spark* ?

Giddygoon

• View Profile
Cables and TV!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 01:38:06 AM »
In answear to your question i think it is cable two, which on my tv it splits into two, the cables are very thin, originaly there were attached to the front fixing nuts that held the TV to the plastic case,  I have reproduced how the TV was before I transfered it to my Dragon's lair machine but the monitor cradel is steel as you know, I have for the moment attached both cables to one of the corners picture below so when you turn the machine on / off you get a small spark, discharge. I know this is wrong and I'm worried thaat i will damage the screen which takes time to replace. what to do

by the way the picture helps

Thanks again